Dating apps in Taiwan

No plausible deniability, no wink wink nudge nudge is my rule.

Nah they definitely got no problem with ‘blanking’ in Taiwan.

It was pretty awkward. Maybe it would have been worse if it was a super ugly woman dressed really strange.

We were to meet at the MRT exit. Wrote saying he was wearing white. He approached me.

I think he said I found you. I said out loud what the fuck. He asked if he was wrong for not telling me. I think he asked if I still wanted coffee.

I walked away and he followed. I ordered some fried chicken at the tkk. He stood next to me and he asked what we should do.

I’m pretty sure I told him to gtf away from me.

He departed.

Really really strange strange people.

10 Likes

The whole time I kept my cool as if it didn’t phase me so my words to him were enough that he understood. I doubt this was the first time he’s been shooed away.

This was a very busy outdoor setting.

Any future meetings from any such apps will also be in busy public settings like this. It surely could have been uglier.

Now I feel a bit better about some of my encounters. I have dodge this bullet…so far.

That’s hilarious. What a dickhead though.

I once met a dinosaur lady said she was 28 but was 50 I reckon , I was in my 20s. She was also ugly although she seemed nice enough, just desperate. Gave her ten mins and skidaddled.

WTF is wrong with these people.

6 Likes

I guess you can chalk this up to getting a taste of a female experience on the apps.

What you’re saying is, women on these apps generally go on dates with women posing as men, which is almost certainly false

4 Likes

I am saying that compared to men, women have far more experience of feeling unsafe in these type of meetups.

Who would’ve guessed?

I didn’t realize @stinsonlover felt unsafe

1 Like

My security depended on a fried chicken place. I’d never find that in a bubble tea shop. Never

1 Like

Is it old-fashioned to want dating apps to have a matching option that lets you select “female at birth”?

Actually, thinking about it that does not cover all possibilities. They might have changed their mind in between. This stuff is complicated.

1 Like

Unnecessary, telling the person you are a bloke and that you are using someone else’s photos before meeting would suffice for a normal person. Ladyboy’s got no reason to dupe others into meeting them, they are popular.

Sounds like the bloke our poster met was quite confused on several levels.

For real. So many trans people on these apps. Some are even legit hot but it’s still a hell-no for me, so they shouldn’t be shown as “women”. On Bumble, even when they put that they’re a trans woman, they still get shown to me.

2 Likes

I think it’s this:

I think I’ve run into several ladies who lied about her age, but sometimes it’s hard for me to tell. When I’m out from a relationship with someone younger, most of the women on my age look scaringly old. There was this time that I insinuated her age was X (don’t remember the details, it was definitely some time ago), and she got all offended and said she was X+5 or +10. And I believed that could still be possible haha.

I’m in the market for a good, young, good looking girl who doesn’t mind all my many defects, or that at least can pretend she doesn’t care. Any around?

2 Likes

If you find one, let me know if she has friends

1 Like

My landlord was hitting on me, I can’t remember her age, but her daughter was 30. I was paying half rent, 20k from 40k, in Zhubei. She was hot and fun, we even run one marathon together.

I mean, Taiwanese guys are all about young and skinny girls, so olders ladies are really desperate

4 Likes

A few days ago I saw an old woman with 4 or 5 dogs and a stick like for grabbing things you want far from you. I asked her if she was after snakes, and she confirmed. She didn’t speak English BTW, I was using my super basic Chinese and google translate. I asked her is she was killing them, and that was the case. I asked her not to do it and she told me how they bit dunno how many living kinds around. She invited me over to her place for talking. IDK if she was married with children and grand children or what but I declined the offer.

I’ve been luckier in the past.

2 Likes

Sure. But she’s going to have more, and worse, defects than you do. :sweat_smile:

1 Like