Dating apps in Taiwan

This is one of many reasons Tinder sucks. But I do have a friend who married a man she met on Tinder.

I donā€™t have much sympathy for women who complain they have too many guys with disposable income to choose from, TBH

1 Like

Well if the pool of potential partners is too small (say the only people you know are your relatives), thatā€™s a problem. But if the pool is too large (say youā€™re viewed as incredibly hot, even by or especially by people who know nothing about you) that could lead to a painful process too to find a good match.

Guy

1 Like

Hot girls have an easier time finding a match than the rest of us. I could have sympathy for ugly girls

2 Likes

As I mentioned, this may not make it easier for them to find the right match.

Guy

As i implied, it isnt easy for any of us. My point was that as hard as it may be for them, it is at least as hard for the rest of us to find the right match

2 Likes

No disagreement here. Itā€™s hard to find a good match!

Guy

1 Like

I need to hit the gym. If i were hotter Iā€™d have more choices :wink:

1 Like

Donā€™t overdo it! Then youā€™d be stuck fighting off all the bad matches who would see nothing but your hotness.

At least this is what I tell myself when I donā€™t hit the gym. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Itā€™s been years since Iā€™ve been used for my body, wouldnt mind the nostalgia!

3 Likes

@Andrew0409 any hints from an industry insider? My best guess is that tinder is number one, and then long time nothing.

ā€œGoodā€ is probably dependent on what you are looking for. Sorry Iā€™m out of this game (forever I hope), so not much direct help from me. Also the Google app store statistics seem absolutely useless, since they donā€™t even mention tinder.

Below are the ones Iā€™ve heard about more or less recently, but only for few of those I have a tiny bit of info from users:

Tinder: Probably by far the largest user base, thus no problem finding English speakers. Free, but some guys seem to prefer to pay to stand out.

Skout: Smaller user base, but more diverse (including many south-east asians). Some English speaking, many not. Free. Location information often wrong. Some fake users, many of which allegedly seem to start conversations with ā€œHiā€.

Tantan: no idea, but allegedly popular here

Paktor: no idea, but allegedly somewhat popular here

Badoo, Bumble, OkCupid, iPair: no idea how popular in Taiwan

Lovoo: seems not to be a thing in Taiwan

Sweetring: no idea, but allegedly popular and more in direction of long term relationships. Likely no English user interface and probably less English speaking people.

Several targeted gay and lesbian dating apps. I donā€™t have any recent info on which one is recommendable except for ā€œHersā€. Seems to have plenty users, is free, and one can find English speakers. For gay, Grindr seems to be not too unpopular.

Honourable mention, or rather joke for Oldtimers :stuck_out_tongue:

Adultfriendfinder: no idea if that is still a thing. Used to be known as ā€œForumosa after darkā€, if anyone remembers :grandpa:

1 Like

I donā€™t know anymore. Out of that game for a few years now haha

1 Like

Burnt out on all of the dating apps, I decided to try somethingā€¦

A dating app where Iā€™m the only guy available.

Donā€™t bother signing up, because you canā€™t :laughing:
Unless youā€™re a woman of course. (And eh, Iā€™m sure youā€™re not :crazy_face:)

The only way this works is if someone like Apple Daily does an article about it because Iā€™m not going to run ads or anything ha. This seems right up their alley though ā€“ a foreigner doing something weird and stupidā€¦

Help a guy out and give it five stars?

3 Likes

Bumble is picking up fast here. Unique in that only girls can make the first move after matching.

Is about the market.
Tinder is for ā€œMeetā€ so the Taiwan girls are not all looking for foreigners, so donā€™t care about use English.

If you want a Taiwanese girl that speaks English go to the apps where THEY will go to find only Foreigners

SKOUT. Is free, here you have 50% taiwanese girls and 50% Asian girls workers in taiwan ( Philippines, Vietnamese, Japanese,Korean)

50% looking for Serious Date, 50% to ā€œdessertā€ only

Friggin genius. Iā€™d give you 5 stars but Iā€™m not about to be caught reviewing dating apps.

5 Likes

Hey guys, wasnā€™t sure if this is the right thread or not but need some advice about Tinder/Bumble etc. For context, I originally moved over to Taiwan just before COVID hit with my then-wife. Iā€™m a 30 year old white dude from Australia and had been with my wife since 20 (no experience with dating apps at all). Anyway, I divorced just recently and decided to try all this stuff.
In the past 1-2 days Iā€™ve gotten 30 matches on Tinder (25 plus 5 likes) and 33 on Bumble. Bumble requires the girls to message you first which they mostly have and on Tinder around 14/15 messaged me first. I get that in Taiwan I might stand out more but is this normal? Iā€™ve been out of the dating game so long I have no idea if Iā€™m even good-looking (Iā€™m ridden with anxiety so I honestly donā€™t know).

5 Likes

Canā€™t help you before you post your photo here.

Just kidding. Standing out a lot, like for example being blonde with blue eyes, might boost your popularity with people that are very visually oriented and into that.

Yes, it seems getting matches is not very hard. For Tinder, some people here posted that getting and keeping a chat going seems to be much more of a challenge.

Also be aware that some users just want followers for their social media accounts, or are fake, or might want to sell something (maybe even sexual services). Over time you will learn to weed those out. For example: Accounts that have their line ID or a line QR code in their profile are very likely not genuine.

The main two points that I would suggest for you:

1. Be nice and genuine. Enough assholes out there already, taking popularity for granted and treating locals bad. Giving foreigners a very bad reputation.

2. Donā€™t be too fast, thoroughly think before committing.

4 Likes

30 and 30 matches in a day? Iā€™m honestly not sure as a married dude myself but even with the foreign guy boost it seems above average. Maybe you need to have more confidence in yourself? Youā€™re probably a handsome dude in the first place.

2 Likes

Bear in mind that you get an awful lot of dross on ALL dating sites/apps. 29 out of 30 will be as @olm said: theyā€™re on there to sell you something (possibly themselves) or are out to defraud you in some way. Have a few conversations with your matches and youā€™ll quickly figure out what percentage are normal human beings.

1 Like