Dating apps in Taiwan

That’s incredibly specific.

1 Like

It’s 2021, no kink-shaming allowed!!!

Creepy predator level ish.

1 Like

People think they want to hang out with friends, take selfies and travel forever with no responsibility but that gets old fast as a person ages. Leading some to feel regret later on.

3 Likes

I’m sure it does (I’m about to turn 40 and it crosses my mind lately that I should have tried harder to settle down). At the same time, I also imagine some regret wasting their youth on philandering husbands, ungrateful in-laws, and children that never visit or call.

My point was that when all (or, most) of the responsibility in the marriage belongs to the woman I can understand why she would not want to get married.

What is more interesting to me than the regret of some women (some I’m sure are perfectly happy with their cats) is the way that some men have solved this problem: rather than changing, just import a wife from a country such as Vietnam.

3 Likes

The only reason it gets old is cause all of my friends are in loveless marriages and busy with their associated responsibilities, or they are single moms carrying the weight of the world.
Yeah, nobody to play with…

2 Likes

Certainly there are people to play with. You can play with all the 20 years olds who have no life experience (but think they do) and have such interesting conversations complaining about how so-and-so was talking bad about them, or their favorite tiktok star, or some day they’re going be rich. Ya know priorities change…

So grateful that my 20yr old kids are much more substantial than that. They are good company, just so very far away.

3 Likes

As a local woman, I still want to have kids, but honestly, too much pressure. Even I want to adopt a kid, the whole family will fight against me.

4 Likes

I wish you luck in finding the right partner to take off the pressure, sorry I have no advice!

Do World Gym trainers swipe right on everyone? I find it pretty curious that I have lots of matches with World Gym trainers but most of them they don’t even reply and I think none of them ever tried to talk to me, I’m wondering if they just use dating apps as a way to atract clients. My profile is in Chinese and I make clear that they can use Chinese with me.

sounds about right

2 Likes

In many cases, after the kid comes the family is happy family (most not all) as they adjust (if they really want kids). Its like parents wants their Kids go to NTU, Oxford, ect and keep telling them that, but still happy if kids try and work hard and still have unconditional love even if the “perfect” goal is not the outcome.

The thing is that they never tried to sell me anything anyway, don’t know if they just swipe right on everyone but when they see that I’m a foreigner they didnt even try to sell me anything.

Most sales people in Taiwan are lazy. No need to think any more than that.

Apart from the traditional setup a lot of married women in Taiwan do very little. They contract out babysitting and education and cooking.

They also won’t be interested in foreigners who won’t support that lifestyle. Taiwanese are super money oriented .

2 Likes

I have a friend (girl, early 30s) who says she signed up for Tinder for one night and then deleted it. Says she had 99+ Super Likes.

I believe it. One girl I went out with said the problem for guys is there are too many guys, and the problem for girls is there are too many guys

7 Likes

Its normal being a girl in taiwan and having 99+ likes on tinder in one night. Taiwan is not a country where u can just go and randomy start talking to anyone u see outside of bookstore or cofeeshops. Yes some people would be okay with it but mostly get weirded out and feel like you are invading their privacy (especially if its a foreigner). Combine that with boys who just doesnt know how to talk to girls find it easier to go on tinder. I have met so many who told me they found their partners on tinder.

Are there any good alternatives to Tinder?