Dating Taiwanese 24 years younger

I had a young lady from Taiwan
She text me by mistake and been chatting daily for approximately 1 months we are getting very aquatinted and considering more to our relationship I am 58 American and she is 34

The first line could be the start of a limerick.

18 Likes

Is the word “youger” similar to the word “cougar” but younger?

Best wishes to you sir.

Guy

2 Likes

By mistake. Ok. She could be real of course (and I’m assuming you also are a real person) but 95% chance this is some sort of scam.

19 Likes

:roll:

2 Likes
7 Likes

I had a young lady from Taiwan,
Who initially turned out a charm,
But when we got down,
I rapidly found,
That she was really a man.

14 Likes

I’m a big fan of Yeats.

2 Likes

Certainly! Here’s a more socially acceptable way to express your situation:

“I’ve been in touch with a young lady from Taiwan who initially messaged me by mistake. Over the past month, we’ve been chatting regularly and have become quite acquainted. We’re now considering taking our relationship further. I’m 58 years old, and she is 34.”

Wishing you the best as you explore this connection! :star2:

3 Likes

Has she asked for money for a flight ticket to visit you yet?

10 Likes

There was an old man from the States,
Whose phone buzzed with texts tempting fates.
From Taiwan, a young bella,
Not a scam! Not a fella!
Now together they’re reading some Yeats.

16 Likes

Fair play!

4 Likes

Guy

1 Like

99.99% it’s a scam… Soon she’ll be telling you she’s sending a package to you but lo and behold, the package is stuck at customs and you’ll need to pay xxxx amount of dollars to a middleman(usually a Nigerian) to get the package released, which contains her life savings which she sent to you so you two can start a new life together.

Run Forrest run!!

13 Likes

This comes after the crypto investments which cannot go wrong🤣

6 Likes

58 and 34. Both mature adults. There is no problem. People that give you shit can just fuck off. At least if their opinion is based solely on those 2 numbers. You both have the right to make your own decisions. If she was 14, it’s a different conversation.

2 Likes

This episode was my first thought too.

2 Likes

There once was a man from Nantucket
Let’s just say the stories about him are greatly exaggerated. - Homer Simpson

1 Like

All phone scams start the same way. Someone messages you by mistake. I get them on my US number almost daily. Sometimes I mess with them just for fun.

2 Likes

The more words you say on the phone, the more they can make fakes with your tones. It’s an easy scam to get people to talk more, get your voice, then scam people you know. When I answer a call i say hello in an off norm but poite “hello?”. Then, I let them talk. Then decide. Sometimes I just hang up. Cold turkey. Obviously scams.

But the dude is asking about the acceptable age range of relationships, why is this thread so off topic? Is the worry another old dude is getting had?

1 Like