Denying dine in services because of children...and old people who need to get slapped

I value that kind of up front honesty. It basically reads “not responisble, cant sue us” type situation. Fair enough but dont be rude absolutely! It is an abnormal rule, so get used to explaining it daily.

I havent ever gone to a place that doesnt allow children. Only fine dining places tend to do that.

Its weird ,but they have the right to set their rules just like the cusomer has the right to support them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is age discrimination

I wonder if that’s even legal…
:thinking:

Bars, brothels…

But that’s 18+ not 8+…

Age discrimination occurs when a person is treated less favourably, or not given the same opportunities as others in a similar situation, because he or she is considered to be too old or too young.

The ADA makes it unlawful to discriminate against people on the basis of age in the provision of goods and services, such as banking and insurance services; services provided by government departments; transport or telecommunication services; professional services, such as those provided by lawyers, doctors or tradespeople; and services provided by restaurants, shops or entertainment venues.

Australian law came up first in google so that is what you get. I wonder if Taiwan does have the same.

I just asked my five year old, and he is ready to protest.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t want a child on that couch either.

1 Like

I have no issue with children or dogs. I often have issues with the adults who are supposed to be taking care of them.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t want that near me in a cafe. What even is it?

2 Likes

Annoying instagrammers. No thanks!

Guy

1 Like

It’s kind of just a thing?

Car insurance premiums are higher for young people, car rentals usually don’t rent to under 25 and 30 on some premium cars, many hospitality places are adults only, etc.

She looks like a Victorian child who fell through a time machine.

That is pretty much the point. Not a point that I get, but hey, it’s a hobby.

2 Likes

Probably suffered from the pandemic like most venues, but … a baby in a stroller, how is that gonna cause any problems? Combined with the “fur baby” regulation, pretty ridiculous.

1 Like

They want to be an environment where people:

Allowing babies is definitely problematic in an environment where that’s what you’re going for.

3 Likes

i think its a Basque cheese cake, the latest pastry fashion here

1 Like

I meant the creature holding the cup, but thanks for the cheesecake info. I did some Googling and found this…

Full of air, rough round the edges, and gooey inside, your average instagrammer looks better when burnt by fire.

4 Likes

Fur babies is the most abhorrent collocation. Breast feed your animal first, then maybe you can call it your child. It’s worse than forever house and three sleeps till Christmas.

5 Likes

Its still their place. House rules. If one asks for guests to remove their shoes before entering, remove ones shoes or dont enter. i wouldnt cry fowl if i wasnt allowed into a womens hotspring, told not to smoke inside, dressed innapropriately, too loud had outside drinks etc. Seems fairly simple and fair. Just the rudeness is uncalled for. Lots of places have rules.

4 Likes

Ah, but we now live in a world where rules are oppressive and go against my god given right to do whatever the hell I want, wherever the hell I want.

Can’t bring a child into a restaurant? Oppressor!
Can’t let my child run and scream? Oppressor!

It will all end with people not having sex and raising dogs instead. Eventually it will just be the dogs left.

3 Likes