Denying dine in services because of children...and old people who need to get slapped

Did i write, i went back in, kicked the clerks ass, and served myself a refreshing glass of mocha? no! i know its their place, and they can make up their own rules. They can have whatever rules, and i can judge them for having dumb rules. it simple as that, thank you for pointing out the obvious…lots of places do have rules. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

How about a house rule of no long nose foreigners? Or no dark skinned individuals?

Banning old farts will affect most of forumosans :grin:

7 Likes

Already happening. Population declining. Maybe this coffee shop is the reason.

3 Likes

I’m a fur baby so I go where I want.

3 Likes

And the prevalence of men transitioning into dogs.

Leave the chickens out of this!

Ironically, if presented as pets, they would presumably be allowed in that idiotic IG cafe. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Restaraunt owners ar people with “god” given rights too. It is time people started understanding private from public sector in my opinion…enttled folks rarely bring much to the table. But the point of being rude is valid and people might like to skip their business based on being assholes. But not on having clear rules.

That employee should be fired. Both for being rude and also costing the buisness its reputation even if only a little.

2 Likes

I think it all ends when people start having sex with the dogs.

2 Likes

It seems race (broad meaning) is about the only not allowed rule. And thats because of obvious reasons of liability and lck of absolute distinctions. However, nationalities are often banned. I am not disagreeing with that. But to counter your point what can you say about kids entering bars or women entering male only hotsprings (or the other way around)? These are rules set out prior to entry.

Places have rules. If there are dangerous utensils and decorations around, no kids allowed makes sense. Many fine dining places have the exact same rules. No one complains. The difference is fine dining places have the sense to train thee staff not to be dicks. I dont let kids into my factory either. I dont let dogs onto my farms. For very logical reasons.

2 Likes

Then, and only then, can I embrace the term fur baby.

3 Likes

Probably because you showed up with your wife he gave you pushback and was a little rude. And he spoke with an American accent? I’ll let you just connect the rest of the dots.

Hi, uh…reservation for two?

4 Likes

Taiwan’s national animal should be a dog in a stroller.

6 Likes

what’s more prevailent? crazy dog people or crazy cat people?

1 Like
1 Like

Interesting, since I went to a coffee shop and was told not allowed to have a chat. (I will not return). BTW, I went to another cafe old people talking loud, phones on speaker and so one, this is cafe of the future haha

9 Likes

Huh? You can’t chat with your friend in the coffee shop? What are you guys supposed to do? Just stare at each other while sipping your coffees?

1 Like

Silence, earthlings! This is a quiet cafe, for studying—and yes we will tell you to be quiet!

Guy

3 Likes

We have been to a few as well. Just me and the wife talking g fairly quietly doing laptop work. Just normal low pitch library talk wasn’t cool, bosses, being the typical OCD control freak types, told us to please not talk. After a couple times at different places I decided to voice my displeasure of not being allowed to verbally communicate and just cancel my order and leave. I will pay for what has been delivered and consumed, that’s it. There are some truly whacko coffee shops around these days!

5 Likes

Yes I ran into this recently too at a very hip coffee shop in our capital city.

I thought it was outrageous and highly asocial. I felt bad for the person I was with since she was the one who had been shushed. I’m absolutely sure we had been speaking in conversational voices but she laughed and that was enough for the vibe police to swoop in. There was only one other customer in the cafe for christ’s sake.

It’s not really a problem for me because I don’t see much point in paying the exorbitant prices these places demand when there are other much cheaper options. But still…

13 Likes