Despicable drunk guy beating a dog (difficult to watch)

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]

you think whistle blowing is the way to go and I don’t. We differ, get over yourself[/quote]Whatever, man. You don’t think such atrocities should be reported? So where exactly am I playing with semantics? Or are you still thinking about the cops? You clarified in your last post that you meant cops and not the animal health officers, and now you come back with telling me that we differ in opinion because you think “blowing the whistle” isn’t the right way to go about it. Clearly, you are aware by now that I’m not talking about the cops? Semantics my ass. You knew I was talking about the Animal Health institute the whole time. It was fucking clarified in your last post, and you’re still going on about how it’s wrong to “blow the whistle.” Semantics my ass.

It’s not a matter of getting over myself, it’s a matter that you advocate not reporting cases like these and it stinks. If you cared for a few abused and traumatized animals you’d probably change your mind…

marboulette

Cool it. You wouldn’t talk to each other like this face to face. Just imagine you are chatting over a beer instead of posting on line.

Wise words. Irregardless…

[quote=“Juba”]Cool it. You wouldn’t talk to each other like this face to face. Just imagine you are chatting over a beer instead of posting on line.[/quote]OK, I’m cool. Just remember… We are talking about torturing an animal, here. Advocate “not blowing the whistle” when people commit crimes like these with me and… Oh… never mind… Not like I have rescued enough abused and traumatized dogs yet…

marboulette

[quote=“marboulette”][quote=“TheGingerMan”]

Call me Ishmael, but duty calls engaging evil, not calling it in for later.
One does not gather much sustenance from the trickle-down.[/quote]OK, fair enough, you’re a big guy and you would not be scared. I wouldn’t be scared going against that young punk, either, but if the punk was you at 6’4, you bet I would. And if the person is a 80 pound girl, why should she not be scared? It would be stupid not to be cautious.

You talk about engaging the guy and administrating justice on your own. So I ask you again… Do you really think a fucker like that deserves just a “WTF look and a weisheme” ? Is that what you consider adequate justice? I somehow doubt that you are thinking about being culturally sensitive and not making the guy lose face when you talk about administrating justice by yourself. That’s what Deuce is saying. You sure you’re with him on this? Sounds like one guy is saying "be culturrrrmurrrally sensitive and stop the guy without making him lose face too much, let him walk, it’s best for the dogs in the future, while the other guy says I’m 6’4 and I would kick his motherfucking ass. :laughing:

marboulette[/quote]

Size matters not. In the crux of the biscuit. It’s more a matter of timing.

In any event, justice by it’s very nature is a most subjective term.

This thread has morphed into an intangible shape-shifting quagmire. I would go back and read it from the beginning, but what would be the point? Marboulette seems to be letting his fury at the state of animal rights in this country froth over.

All that I wish to add is that I can’t understand the phenomenon of filming, without reacting on the spot. Which is probably why my mates turn off their cameras around me. In the matter of maintaining the modern social contract, I am a firm but fair applicator of natural law. Which usually entails a delicate balance between protecting the innocent, and punishing the guilty. Obviously, this does not bear well with issues of face and leaves me with a serious handicap in this cultural environment. But, if there’s one thing I learned in the kindergarten of life, one must stand up.
Obviously, there are varying means of accomplishing this.
Some of us are more at home with direct action.
And all that that entails.

Different strokes for different folks.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Marboulette seems to be letting his fury at the state of animal rights in this country froth over.
[/quote]Whatever, man. I made it clear that I was not talking about cops. I posted info to the proper authorities right before he posted his first post. Deuce played the semantic card anyways. Despite using the word authorities in his post, he claimed that he meant the cops and not the animal health officers ie proper authorities. Then of course, he calls me a bitch and whatever else over it only to post later, when it’s clear he understood I’m not talking about cops(it should be clear by then since he complained that I intently misinterpreted him re; cops or animal health authorities), that he doesn’t think such crimes should be reported, period. Not to the cops, and not the the proper authorities.

In other words, the guy rambles on and on, he plays the semantic cards when it’s very clear by now what he meant-no need to get into semantics since I was spot on in reading what he wrote. He clarified that himself. The worse is he retorts with “I wasn’t being genuine, I was just trying to be PC.” Fuck me!

That’s what’s pissing me off more than anything, and yes, if anyone thinks that such crimes should not be reported, I think it’s an outrageous stance and a sorry state of affair, IMOHO.

marboulette

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]wow Marboulette, you are such a bitch in this thread it is beyond comprehension.[/quote][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]had it been me I would have broken both his fucking legs but I said what I said to be PC.[/quote][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]Do you really think someone like yourself, who has constantly misinterpreted everything I said (for your own petty gain in this ‘discussion’ no less) should really be breaking things down semantically?
Really Marboulette?
REALLY?[/quote][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]Please stop whining about me to other posters, you only come off as a total bitch (but maybe you are), and please stop breaking down everything I post and trying to find some semantic or logical break (I could easily do it to you too, but it is a petty act).[/quote]

That is some punk shit posting…IMO.
But then, I’ve come to respect the views and opinions of Marbo. So maybe I’m not as ‘objective’ as I might be.

I agree the drunk beating the dog is a jerk and there’s no excuse for his behavior (surely he was beaten like that by his father, but that’s still no excuse) and it would be good if he were punished (or better yet rehabilitated). It also would’ve been good if someone intervened and protected the dog.

But I don’t understand the words “despicable. . . difficult to watch” in the title and I don’t understand all the major outrage in this thread. It’s hardly the worst crime against an animal that I’ve ever witnessed. Why all the outrage over one beating of one dog for less than a minute in a part of the world that includes stuff like this?

And the end product
dogs being skinned before cooking
tastes like chicken

You want to see animal abuse, go down to Snake Alley. So why all the outrage here over one minor incident with a drunk?

Good point MT. This said, the outrage at this point is about some people who somehow believe that these crimes should not be reported. It’s worth making the distinction. If there were laws in China to protect the cats you posted an image of, then the same could be said about reporting these barbarians.

And as well pointed out by TC, said people have a real hard time keeping it civil. Moreover, as also pointed out by TC’s quoted bits, there’s been a bit of rambling on about semantics, but in the end it’s been well confirmed that there was no need for that. And of course, the other quoted bit about saying something to be PC. Nothing wrong with that of course, if someone prefers to be politically correct, but spewing insults when you’re called on it is a different story altogether. I got pretty annoyed with this going back and forth as well as I always find it inappropriate when people jump into a thread with both feet without reading the thread first. So I told him to get lost. Wasn’t nice, I know.

marboulette

[quote=“marboulette”]Good point MT. This said, the outrage at this point is about some people who somehow believe that these crimes should not be reported. It’s worth making the distinction. If there were laws in China to protect the cats you posted image of, then the same could be said about reporting these barbarians.

And as well pointed out by TC, said people have a real hard time keeping it civil. Moreover, as also pointed out by TC’s quoted bits, there’s been a bit of rambling on about semantics, but in the end it’s been well confirmed that there was no need for that. And of course, the other quoted bit about saying something to be PC. Nothing wrong with that of course, if someone prefers to be politically correct, but spewing insults when you’re called on it is a different story altogether. I got pretty annoyed with this going back and forth as well as I always find it inappropriate when people jump into a thread with both feet without reading the thread first. So I told him to get lost. Wasn’t nice, I know.

marboulette[/quote]

first off TC’s point of view is irrelevant to this discussion, if he wants to talk about what is or isn’t ‘punk’ he shouldn’t pile onto an argument. Third man in is the biggest ‘punk’ of all.

secondly you were all over me from the outset disecting my initial post, and still now you feel the need to talk it out about me with others to make yourself feel the bigger man(‘said people’… honestly, that is some weak shit right there).

“Despicable”- I feel he is, the fact that worse crimes happen is irrelevant.
“Hard to watch”- a warning, call it courtesy

As far as the outrage, most of that came from personal attacks.

[quote]Here is my stance again for the umpteenth time (since English comprehension is so beyond your grasp).

-Act was horrible
-camera person should have intervened
-calling the police doesn’t solve the problem
-many people here view dogs as DOGS not family members, they need to be educated[/quote]

So we all agree the act was horrible. We understand that you and many of us would have intervened. What don’t you understand about this young lady being too scared to get involved? Calling the police may or may not help. For those who feel, for whatever reason, they can not intervene, calling some form of authorities is a good idea. And yes, people certainly need to be educated. Personally, I would have put a quick end to it for sure.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]you were all over me from the outset disecting my initial post.[/quote]I was just trying to clue you in since you were as far off as to think the OP had filmed the video, etc. You were using words such as “whitey-do-good” to describe whitetiger, the OP. You were off the mark because you hadn’t even read the thread. It was really difficult NOT to dissect your post since it was based on a pile of assumptions rather than on info you would have easily gathered had you actually read the thread. Next time, do everyone a favor and read the thread before you post. :s

marboulette