Deutsch

Mesheel, bist du mittlerweile in Taiwan? Meine, es in einem anderem Threadt ( :wink: ) gelesen zu haben. Lust, uns mal am WE im GameClub zu besuchen?

(Forum SW corrupts some German words above)

[quote=“Juba”]Meine Mutter ist Oesterreicherin, aber sie wohnt seit 1938 in England. Ihr Vater war Deutscher. Ich habe fast kein Deutsch zu Hause gerlernt, nur in der Schule. Deshalb spreche ich ganz schlecht Deutsch, und das tut mir wirklick Leid.

The Descendants of Jakob Strasser (1835-1906)

A visit to Terezin[/quote]

Meine Grossmutter (meine Muttis Mutti) war aus Saltzburg gekommen und mein Grossvater (meine Vaters vater) war aus Deutschland gekommen. Meine Deutsch is genau auch schlecht.

Gott hilf ihr if we don’t get pushed out to Living in Taiwan for this linguistic blasphamy!

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]That is how I understand the situation, apologies to Gus or Maoman if I misquoted anyone.

:offtopic: But you did ask…[/quote]

Yes. That is correct. We did come to that consensus in Braintrust.

[quote=“Rascal”][quote]Ich komme aus das Land der guten Biere, K

Rascal: Yup, bin seit ca. 2 Wochen in der Stadt. Klar, warum nicht mal Game club. Wann und wo trefft Ihr Euch denn? Ich werd das mal kurz ausfindig machen und sag Dir dann Bescheid, wenn ich vorbeikomme.

My dad is actually from Austria, but he emigrated to Switzerland. He gave up his Austrian citizenship 25 years ago and won’t get it back again. Pretty mean huh…

I love Leffe and Framboise. Belgium beer rules. Any change to find some in Taiwan?

Game Club findet statt jeden Sonntag so gegen 15:30-16:00 Uhr im Shuang Yu (“Double Fish”) Cafe, Shida Road Lane 93, direkt neben Grandma Nitti. An der Ecke ist ein Hang Ten Laden. (Grandma Nitti findest du auf fast allen Touristen-Karten).
MRT TaiPower Building auf der gruenen Linie ist am naechsten.

Cosi of Cosi Pizzeria has some Belgian beers, Duvel for example.
Have seen some Belgian beers at another place but can’t recall the name … :blush:

They (the Belgian Beers) are probably all imported in Taiwan by Geert. If you want to buy some I can ask him which beers he has at the moment.

hehe by the way I haven’t ask for a new thread, it’s not necessary…a thread is enough :wink:

are there also some germans living near tainan?

magi

Danke Rascal fuer die Info. Dieses Wochenende klappts wohl eher weniger. Mal sehen, ob ich meinen Freund naechstes Wochenende hinschleppen kann. Was spielt Ihr denn so? Ich bin ein ziemlich schlechter Verlierer, muss ich gestehen… :blush:

Hi,

I am german, my wife is taiwanese and she kind of convinced me to move to Taipei now, as she thought Germany is soooooo terrible: shops always closed, weather is cold and people are unfriendly she says.

So finally I agreed to follow her here. I worked in Darmstadt last but originally came from Hannover.

I wrote in english now, as otherwise the moderator of this forum does not know if we exchange secret Schwarzwaelder-Kirsch recepies here,
right :slight_smile:

Right now I am living in her old “kids room” in her families apartment in NeiHu and we are looking for an apartment here. So I am fully in touch with the local culture.

Exchange away to your heart’s content, but PLEASE include English translation for any Schweibien (sorry, bad spelling) recipes. :wink:

Ick geklicktete auf babelfish.altavista.com also ick kann dieses Post schreiben. Ick bin auf Morphiumsuche. Warum sind meiner Auto die Senf gefressen?

Hah. With translation software, anyone can write in German. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

But nobody really understands was you are talking about…=))

Exchange away to your heart’s content, but PLEASE include English translation for any Schweibien (sorry, bad spelling) recipes. :wink:[/quote]

Weren’t you the one with the Gelbfuessler friends? They should have taught you that the Schwarzwald is NOT in Schwaben :imp:

:wink:

Exchange away to your heart’s content, but PLEASE include English translation for any Schweibien (sorry, bad spelling) recipes. :wink:[/quote]

Weren’t you the one with the Gelbfuessler friends? They should have taught you that the Schwarzwald is NOT in Schwaben :imp:

:wink:[/quote]

… uuuups more Gelbfuessler around in town :shock: ? Karlsruhe calling … :smiley:

Hi everyone,

My name is Markus and i

Many places around town and people from Forumosa meet once a month during the happy hour, and of course there is the Game Club which meets every Sunday near Shida (which is very close to Guting). Drop in between 16:00-20:00 o’clock, the address and the map is somewhere around here.
Romanized that would be something like “Shuang Yue” Cafe, Lane 96, Shida Road - just beside Grandma Nitti’s which you can find on the free tourist maps. Or PM me with your contact details.

[quote]I went to a German pub “Zum Fass” last week but i didn

[quote=“Au”]Is the Game Club only for German people?, or for German speakers?
What is the Game Club?[/quote]It’s for everyone, they even take me :smiley: There are a couple of Germans that regulary go, does Iris still go or has she given up ? Ok, there’s one German that goes. We just hang around and play games, but nothing as intellectual as chess or poker.

[quote=“Muflon”]Hi everyone,

My name is Markus and i

Therer is a lot of German guys always at The Pig, Green Bar and Bier Garden on Tien Mou E. Road. All very close to each other. Most probably you will find me also there.

Cheers!