Diaper-changing in public places

I remember a big food-poisoning outbreak back home that was traced back to a kebab shop where the owner’s wife had changed the baby’s nappy on the food-prep counter.

I sympathise with parents for there not being adequate facilities, but changing a nappy on a table where food is prepared or eaten is a big no-no.

Only after too much Guinness.

Erm…I took a piss in my empty Fanta cup during a rather long screening back in Oz…Cinema was virtually empty and I was so engrossed in the movie. I did however, have the decency to drop it in the trash on the way out.!!
:smiley:[/quote]

You dropped it in the trash can because the line for the toilet was so long, right? Oh, wait. There wasn’t anyone at the movie… :unamused:

I think it may actually be just a bit less revolting than adult shit, although I haven’t given this matter a great deal of consideration.

Otherwise, I totally agree with the notion that it is unacceptably gross to change a baby’s diaper on a restaurant table.

Who would think otherwise?

I do think there are degrees of revoltion when it comes to shit too. Although I’ve always been partial to that line from “Three Men and a Baby” with regards to baby’s shit: “I’ll give you a thousand dollars if you’ll do it.” On the other hand though, when I was a young tacker one of my jobs was to clean out the sheep shit from under the shearing shed. I bagged it up and sold it. I guess it was a revolting job, but I didn’t mind. I used to stand in cow shit to warm my feet when Jack Frost was about. Then there is a certain coffee in Indonesia that first requires being ingested and shat out by cats (?). Now that you would think would have to be pretty revolting, but apparently it’s delicous. People give a shit about a lot of things so much so that there is a women in Australia who as part of her Florist business will send cow pads to an ex-lover or estranged friend as opposed to flowers.

Many restaurant toilets in Taiwan are filthy, unhygenic places, so by your logic, this would make it perfectly acceptable to just drop trous and lay a pile of dogs eggs in the restaurant eating area? I didn’t think so. :noway:
Is baby shit somehow less revolting than adult shit? I didn’t think so.[/quote]

I don’t want to take my trouser snake out of his nest in some of these restrooms in Taiwan. They’re disgusting places.

You know what bothers me more? No. People lighting up a cigarette around my 2 boys. That’s more disgusting than a dirty diaper, and more harmful (?).

Ever drained the main vein into a drain?

When our Little one first started to poop we would put her on a freshly disinfected changing mat, put on gloves,clean her with anti bacterial soap, roll the diaper up and put the smelly diaper in a plastic bag with a spray of lysol.
Wait there’s more,
Then would put the plastic bag in one of those diaper trash cans where each one is individualy sealed for freshness.
That routine lasted about a week. Now we just throw the poopy diapers on the floor, on the T.v, under the bed, use it as a pillow. Poo has just become a part of our life.
I screamed like a ten year old girl the first time I got baby poo on my hands. Now 'll just wipe her butt with my shirt if we run out of wipeys.[/quote]

you know, I am a mother to a daughter still in diapers, and “poo” has never
been something that I’ve allowed myself to get used to…Dix2111, I think you are a little TOO comfortable with the whole routine…

Taiwan actually has gotten much better at having baby changing tables around. When I visited last year, there were none, now, i’ve been surprised to see more options…

As for changing babies at restaraunts, it totally grosses me out to see people changing their babies right in the middle of everything…I have been put in this situation with my daughter, and most places will help you in setting up chairs or using a booth away from food and people. Out of respect for others, it’s totally disgusting to mix the two environments.

Whenever I need to change my little one at costco I just go to the back and break down an empty box and put her on it. I get a lot of smiles from mommies.

One store I really dislike but aplaud for their baby changing rooms is Carrefour. They have a good setup. Sogo and some of the newer shopping malls also do a good job.

I’ve don’t think I’ve ever had to change my kids in a restaurant. Maybe it’s because I usually hang out in chld friendly places but everywhere I go seems to have change tables. Or else I’m in a park and can just do it on the grass.

Costco has change tables in the bathroom and carrefour, RTMart and all the department stores have baby rooms with change tables, water, nursing rooms etc.

YUK piwackit on the grass, that’s so gross; someone might sit down on it, or lay out picnic stuff on it.

I don’t rub her feces all over the grass for goodness sake, I lay her on a blanket. I’d be moreworried about all the dog shit if I were you!

Hey, my dog wears a diaper, I’ll have you know! :fume:

Yes, the point I was making was that I don’t rub my son’s faeces all over the table in a restaurant either!

Yes, the point I was making was that I don’t rub my son’s faeces all over the table in a restaurant either![/quote]

Oh OK phewwwww. sorry, I thought you were actually being serious because ,well, you never know!! :doh:

Should she really be playing with that pterodactyl? I mean, with the bird flu around and all?

Anyone eat mushrooms? They’re grown in shit. Are they disinfected? probably not.

What you do is ask the restaurant owners if they have baby changing facilities and if they do, stay and there will be less chance someone will change their kid on a table.

I gotta say I would have had a problem with this before I had my own kids, but now I probably wouldn’t bat an eyelash.

I just had a thought, I think the next time I go to McDonald’s and need some changing facilities, i’ll use their front counter, maybe then they’ll consider installing some change tables in the bathroom.