Discussion about COVID restrictions and lockdowns in Taiwan

They’re still guesses. Especially from a conflict of interest as massive as the WHO.

I’m asking for better evidence. That’s all.

Sounds like a right conspiracy.

1 Like

No. Anyone paying attention could see it at the beginning of the pandemic.

Yeah, the WHO do seem to be an untrustworthy bunch :+1:

1 Like

I agree.

That is discouraging, to say the least.

Let’s see if this thread lasts the whole of September after today’s news.

1 Like

I gotta disagree a bit. Sharing a meal is an integral part of our social bonding. If you can’t do that freely then, yes, there is a disruption.

1 Like

Unfortunately that’s also a clear path for virus transmission: people talking, chatting, shouting, while eating or drinking.

We can see why this wily virus can spread so widely and freely given the “integral part” named above. :neutral_face:

Guy

In case any New Taipei residents missed it, changes are coming tomorrow (Thursday September 9):

Guy

3 Likes

I saw my modest post above was marked as a “solution.”

I indeed hope this change in policy in New Taipei will indeed turn out to be the solution to the current outbreak!

Guy

Huh. I think I did that? Anyway, I’ve undone it. Despite your best efforts, no, you have not solved the COVID problem!

2 Likes

Sounds to me we’ll still have to wear masks walking down the street, logical or not.

1 Like

So expect to see lots and lots of this:

3 Likes

I just walked down the street now. On the chin, on the chin, no mask, on the chin, on the chin, masked up was the pattern.

Young masked up and the workers, delivery guys, estate agents, oldies not.

3 Likes

Changed all changed, a terrible beauty is born

Nice elbows! :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

So . . . if I am scuba diving or surfing on a Taiwan Rail or High Speed Rail train, I can take off my mask? :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Yes! You might even end up in the news.
“You won’t believe why this foreigner is scuba diving on a train! Click to find out!”

3 Likes

I wonder why masks can be taken off only while eating outdoors with social distancing. Does that mean I need to carry a candy bar all the time, or a piece of fruit? Does the virus not spread while eating?

I just got back from lunch with the hubby in Daan. It is so hot. Walking on our street, there was not a soul around, so off came the masks.

6 Likes