Discussion about COVID restrictions and lockdowns in Taiwan

The question still remains, what the heck is that?

2 Likes

The number of subcultures here that remain—for most of us—out of sight is quite something. :rofl:

Guy

4 Likes

Those who need to know what they are already know what they are. Those who don’t know…

The first rule of audio visual barbershops is you…

2 Likes

. . . steer clear! :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

1 Like

Anybody know where the Chinese version is? I had a look around the CDC website but couldn’t find it. Might shed some light on the subject.

Here you go:

I asked the wife and she also doesn’t know. :idunno:

4 Likes

Or she’s not telling you :slight_smile:

But yeah. I can’t make head or tail of that last item. It’s got to be an obscure euphemism. Anybody here know some Tai Ke types they can ask?

1 Like

酒店s, well those are just stores that sell booze, right?

What about the 小吃部s. Everyone needs a snack from time to time :wink:

Or, the 貓仔間s (niau-á-king; 臺語), since who doesn’t love to stroke the soft fur of a kitten. :crying_cat_face:

I just had one of those moments with the wife.

Wife: Let’s go to the place on yangminshan where people watch the sunset. Supposed to be pretty. People always date there.

Me: been there many times have ya?

Wife: never, don’t be stupid. I’m not that type of girl. By the way don’t follow google maps when you get to bla bla bla, there is a short cut that saves you ten minutes.

Me:…

Her: my friend told me.

4 Likes

If you get 處分ed, you can appeal the 處分 through the administrative court system (which like the civil and criminal court system belongs to the JY). Before doing that, you can also file a 訴願 with whichever organ of (administrative aka executive) government issued it or/and through the EY’s 訴願 committee and then appeal the result of the 訴願 through the administrative court system.

As for constitutional interpretations (by the CGJ apparently now they’re going by “Constitutional Court” in English), the criteria are listed here:
https://cons.judicial.gov.tw/jcc/en-us/categories/aprp/yxbwbhlwcm9jzxnz

Aside from the above, it is possible through the administrative court system to get the equivalent of a writ of mandamus. Before I read that the concept exists in Taiwan and has succeeded at least once (I forget what the case was about), one local lawyer told me there’s no such thing, so it seems to be rare.

1 Like

Great stuff. Thanks yyy.

1 Like

Am I the only one who finds this ridicuous?

1.Unless an exception applies, masks must be worn at all times when outside: people will not be required to wear a mask when doing exercises outdoors or taking individual/group photos indoors and outdoors, or if social distancing can be maintained and they do not have any COVID-19 symptoms.

Sure, the safest time to take the masks off is when the whole group is crowded together to fit in the frame while yelling “CHEESE!”… :wall:

5 Likes

You’d think folks would want a proper memento of 2021, with all of us wearing masks in our photos.

Guy

3 Likes

No, you’re not the only one.

4 Likes

Does exercise outdoors include riding my UBike?

I assume so.
If not, just pull your phone out and take some selfies.

2 Likes

You could also at the same time pretend to be lecturing at a university, as this is one of the new categories to be mask-exempt (providing that social distance can be maintained)!

Guy

1 Like

Huh, I totally missed that. Another somewhat contradictory measure: it’s the person talking loudly at the front who’s going to be a geyser of (hypothetical) virus particles, not the all-too-quiet students.

I guess we need to wait for university-level directives on this.

Btw, I found that tidbit somewhat buried in this story from today’s Taipei Times:

Guy

1 Like

Are beauty parlors (which are to remain closed) different from hair salons? Must be, because all the hair salons I see in my area have definitely been open for awhile.