Discussion on making money by videoing infractions

[color=#008000]Moderator’s note: This thread has been split from here: Making money by videoing infractions
Feel free to discuss and opinionate. Please note the rules regarding personal attacks and spam (forumosa.com/taiwan/rules.php#whatisspam)[/color]

The wife has confirmed this is indeed true. However, if you want to resort to this to make money, you might as well save the time and suck on a 12 gauge now.

Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. I hate this big brother mentality that seems to be prevalent here, encouraging citizens to rat out their fellow citizens. There seems to be 5 cameras on every corner already.

Reminds me of that fondue fool, who wanted to make money by ratting out kindy teachers.

[color=#008000]
Moderator’s note: Edited to remove a personal attack[/color]

[quote=“HossHuge”]Does anyone know how this works? I’ve heard that the police will give you money if show people throwing their smokes on the ground or scooters that blow smoke…etc

Is this true?[/quote]

Yeah its true, go to the following website:

www.foreignratpieceofshit.com

but then after you rat out the wrong local you can have your best friend here visit:

www.sendwhiteyhomeinabox.com

For all the talk that goes on here about the poor behavior of foreigners and how mad it makes all of us, its funny how no one seems to blink at how a foreigner might be perceived running to the police to tell on a local.

Taiwan is built on the fabric of ‘if no one is fucking with you, don’t fuck with anyone else’, and it is this ideal that makes this place a much better place to be a foreigner than China, or Korea, or Japan or HK etc… Why do people want to break this unwritten law to chase a few fucking dollars? Here’s an idea, work on your sticky ball skills and get a few more hours down round the kindy, you might initially not feel so good about yourself, but over the long term at least you can begin to feel better knowing you are a productive member of the foreign community, contributing in some manner, rather than a low life piece of shit rat.

Is there really any confusion here about what a bad idea this is?

I ain’t no snitch but I do get infuriated with helmetless kids on scoots. I have to admit, I have been tempted to snap a shot of these wanks for handlers that think it’s no big deal cuz they went bei bei before picking up the wees. Maybe just taking the pic and not sending it in would be enough to scare them into bringing along a helmet next time? Then again, one’d hafta let them see you snapping the pic, then the shitstorm would ensue, so…

DD is right, best to mind one’s own Ps&Qs.

[quote=“Toe Save”]I ain’t no snitch but I do get infuriated with helmetless kids on scoots. I have to admit, I have been tempted to snap a shot of these wanks for handlers that think it’s no big deal cuz they went bei bei before picking up the wees. Maybe just taking the pic and not sending it in would be enough to scare them into bringing along a helmet next time? Then again, one’d hafta let them see you snapping the pic, then the shitstorm would ensue, so…

DD is right, best to mind one’s own Ps&Qs.[/quote]

I hear ya Toe, and I would also add the smoke belching old man scooters (why is it always old bastards driving the smoke belchers?), but is it really our job to deal with this? There are laws in place regarding this and it seems pretty odd that visitors to this country and not citizens would see themselves as the ones to fix the problem. This isn’t Afghanistan, and we aren’t the US Army. Its a classic case of putting what you consider acceptable over the development of your host nation.

We are in a participant/observer anthropological experiment, and if you want to go full participant, you might want to not only consider what you may be giving up, but what harm you might be putting yourself in the way of.

Bad idea on a lot of levels.

Couple of days ago after lights turn green I slowly making turn on my bike, and that freeking biyatch almost running me over on her scooter. Thanks god I was able to stop in time. Of course she maybe in a hurry, so why even slow down when running red light? correct? I am wearing full size helmet so when I catch up with her I show her she is a nuts and at traffic light pretended that I take her photo with my phone. So every other traffic lights she was obeyed like bitchslapped.
So, even pretending you make a photo, help this lunatics to learn a lesson…

most of us stick out like sore thumbs, its REALLY a bad idea to have pissed off people actually looking for you as well…

Amen bro.