Dislike button

don’t make me press the unlike button on you

Yes. Let’s really kick out the jams.

no worry, there is no unlike button yet.

1 Like

1 Like

:runaway::runaway::runaway:

Unlike and suspend are different.

As my old grandpappy said , “ if it ain’t broke don’t fix it “ ( in a posh British accent ) :smirk:

Yeah, that’s the spirit of great human endeavor right there. :derelict_house:

That would be good for a dislike icon

You are treating me as though I am Peruvian . The way they treat their bears … pffft .

How does one say “ain’t” in a posh British accent?

1 Like

Why not take ten seconds to reply with one sentence, “I dislike your post because …?”

3 Likes

Too many posts, too little time. Also if I wrote “I dislike your post because you is a knobhead” I’d get banned.

4 Likes

Sounds like the change would result in lots of dislikes for reasons nobody but you understands (because it sounds like you - and perhaps others - would use the new button like a lot).

Idk. To me it seems like, if you want to change the direction of forumosa, then you owe it to the community to explain why. At least a brief explanation. is neighborly.

Presumably there would be some other more specific reason. Disliking posts only because of personal feelings about someone would probably sink something like this.

There a reason Discourse hasn’t implemented anything like this as part of the stock software. They don’t think it’s conducive to positive discourse. It seems to basically work on some other platforms though.

How about just ignoring the post?
It generates the same effect.
Or just flag it as off-topic.

Flagging posts you don’t like as off-topic? Is this an MO?

1 Like

I think he’s saying that, if you dislike the post because it’s off-topic, then flag it. Otherwise just ignore it.

He’s not saying you should flag every post you dislike.

1 Like

Ah! I see what you did there. Very Punny

1 Like

See I don’t get this type of response. It’s just a dislike…you don’t have to explain why you like a post, you also don’t have to explain why you dislike a post. A dislike is still an interaction. It’s better than nothing.

1 Like