Do Brits suck?

And did anyone see the local drunk-the-night-before round-up on the news this morning? A rather large and loud Canadian with a shaved head was being carted off by six or so cops in Kaohsiung! :shock: Screaming/slurring “HELP! HELP!” as they over-powered him! :laughing:

Oops! Ta! In at number 3, d’ya think? Perhaps they could go under “Generic Continental North European Loutish Type”… :wink:[/quote]

Are you mad? They deserve their own status! :wink:

(Story: news.BBC.co.UK/2/hi/uk_news/3185291.stm )

That’s so true! Fortunately, those frightful yobs only ever make it as far as Spain or - shudder - the Greek Islands. [/quote]

I was thinking along the same lines as Magnolia. Most of the lager louts take package holidays to Spain to wallow on the beach and get drunk with hordes of like-minded Britis dregs. It’s a pity to hear that they have started on Greece as well. What about Portugal? Maybe the survey referred to in the BBC report was done in those places. The general opinion of hotel workers in Asia that I have picked up, and with which I concur from my experience running a hostel is Taibei, is that Israelis are among the worst tourists. In Hong Kong a few years back, I ran into a particularly vile piece of drug-peddling British scum and his equally repugnant Canadian pal, but the worst of all where the two vicious Peruvians I mentioned somewhere in another thread.

There was a significant presence of lager louts etc. on koh samui, Thailand this year. I couldnt say the same 5 years ago. They are coming my friends, they are coming.
I was planning to make my first visit home in 2 years to take place this christmas, but the people i met in thailand this year have put me off completely. Where can i go for christmas? I can’t spend another christmas here.