Do people stilll believe in love?

Are there people out there looking for the magical feeling, love? the butterflies? the crush? the simple kiss? the warm hug?
I feel like everyones just chasing for quickies. What happen to romance?
Is it beause this is just not the place? Or is the world changing, while im still gazing at the stars waiting for that perfect moment, kiss and person???

[quote=“kiana”]Are there people out there looking for the magical feeling, love? the butterflies? the crush? the simple kiss? the warm hug?
Is it beause this is just not the place? Or is the world changing, while I’m still gazing at the stars waiting for that perfect moment, kiss and person???[/quote]

I quite firmly believe in love.

However, at my advancing age, love is much more than romance and or a simple kiss.

[quote=“Tigerman”]

However, at my advancing age, love is much more than romance and or a simple kiss.[/quote]

Yeah, it requires a crane and a little blue pill.

[quote=“The Gumper”][quote=“Tigerman”]

However, at my advancing age, love is much more than romance and or a simple kiss.[/quote]

Yeah, it requires a crane and a little blue pill.[/quote]

Ahh well… at least you are talking from experience Gumper…

[quote=“Aboriginal girl”][quote=“The Gumper”][quote=“Tigerman”]

Yeah, it requires a crane and a little blue pill.[/quote]

Ahh well… at least you are talking from experience Gumper…[/quote]

How did you know? I thought Tigerman and I were very discreet when last we erm, met. Did you have your camcorder on in the taxi? Bad girl.

[quote=“kiana”]Are there people out there looking for the magical feeling, love? the butterflies? the crush? the simple kiss? the warm hug?
Is it beause this is just not the place? Or is the world changing, while I’m still gazing at the stars waiting for that perfect moment, kiss and person???[/quote]

I still believe in love. Very much so. A real die hard romantic. YET, I feel it puts me at too much of a disadvantage most of the time. Most people don’t seem to think that way anymore and always seem to be looking for the BBD (bigger better deal). And then of course there’s the ever persistent quandary of, “prison love”. That is to say, the loving you want you aren’t getting, and the loving you’re getting you don’t want!! Put another way, the people you love don’t love you, and the people who love you you don’t love…

Watched the entire six hour BBC series of Pride and Predjudice again the other day. Ah, now if the world were only still that simple. I don’t think it’s the place. I just think people don’t value the really important things in life anymore.

But who knows… Maybe one day…

To quote tom Hanks in “Castaway”, “You never know what the tide will bring in…”

So don’t lose the faith.

Love is not the best thing…it is the only thing.

And luckily, there are many forms of love.

All are welcome. :slight_smile:

Amen, brother. :bravo: Waking up with the sweet smell of your beloved next to you, watching the rise and fall of the sheets with her breath, it’s like winning the lottery on a daily basis. :heart: Anybody who can understand what I’m talking about can join me in the ranks of the truly blessed. :angel:

Surely you are not not offering us an invitation to join you in bed?

Lord knows I do, and more’s the pity.

Nah, I don’t believe in it. I think it’s all just hormones and the biological need to procreate that make people fancy themselves “in luuurrve”. I’m done with that crap.

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“kiana”]Are there people out there looking for the magical feeling, love? the butterflies? the crush? the simple kiss? the warm hug?

I still believe in love. Very much so. A real die hard romantic. YET, I feel it puts me at too much of a disadvantage most of the time. Most people don’t seem to think that way anymore and always seem to be looking for the BBD (bigger better deal). And then of course there’s the ever persistent quandary of, “prison love”. That is to say, the loving you want you aren’t getting, and the loving you’re getting you don’t want!! Put another way, the people you love don’t love you, and the people who love you you don’t love…

Watched the entire six hour BBC series of Pride and Predjudice again the other day. Ah, now if the world were only still that simple. I don’t think it’s the place. I just think people don’t value the really important things in life anymore.

But who knows… Maybe one day…

To quote tom Hanks in “Castaway”, “You never know what the tide will bring in…”

So don’t lose the faith.[/quote]

Well I found alot of trueth in your words. I guess you do always want what you cant have and dont want what you have!

I guess I am the star of my own romance movie, I will make every moment and meeting as romantic as i want it to be.

Oh and about Pride and Predjudice…I love that Movie!!! Yeah and if life was only that simple…we just complicate things.

To the guy that loves gazin at the Stars, walking, talking, moonlight dancing…a little break from the rush of things…call me!!! hahahaha

[quote=“kiana”][/quote]Well I found alot of trueth in your words. I guess you do always want what you cant have and dont want what you have!

I guess I am the star of my own romance movie, I will make every moment and meeting as romantic as I want it to be.

Oh and about Pride and Predjudice…I love that Movie!!! Yeah and if life was only that simple…we just complicate things.

To the guy that loves gazin at the Stars, walking, talking, moonlight dancing…a little break from the rush of things…call me!!! hahahaha[/quote]

My pleasure… :smiley:
[/quote]

Love? Yeah, that’s the same thing as sex, right?

Amen, brother. :bravo: Waking up with the sweet smell of your beloved next to you, watching the rise and fall of the sheets with her breath, it’s like winning the lottery on a daily basis.[/quote]
Man, you need to stop sleeping with Gustav. You’re turning weird.

:unamused: can only be a guy

It’s been so long that I almost don’t really remember whether true love exists or not. Sigh. But then along comes a person out of the blue, and you hit it off together so naturally, and then those hormones and brain chemicals kick in, and you start to feel something special…

No, there’s no such thing as love. Sorry.

Yes there is.

Luckily (for you??) there is a thing called baby oil.

:wanker: