Do second hand clothing stores exist?

I literally think it’s been in the closet for over 10 years and her mom was going to throw it away because it didn’t fit (rich peoples problems right).
She took it just because it is pricey, not that much though around 13,999nt (worth more now after 10 years?) and it has some kind of stain (or some fading maybe? I don’t know) about a inch long and half a inch wide. I
I want to take it to a store who would know if dry cleaning it could work or not or if they sell luxury dresses that are a bit tainted.

Honestly, we both don’t give a shit about it and would sell it for cheap and the store sells it on for cheap too because it has a mark on it. That is an easy money for them right.

Also do 2nd hand luxury items need to be spotless to sell in a store?

You might get the same 1500NT levi’s jeans offer for it lol. Most clothing luxury or not does not age like wine unless it was some limited edition collaboration or Jordan sneakers or Hermes Birkin bags.

To take a Pulp Fiction quote: “Motherf*****s who thought their ass would age like wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar, it does. If you mean it gets better with age, it don’t.”

If it is collecting dust then take the dress to some shops to sell. I doubt you can get more than 4k for it. Maybe less than 2k. But it is better than nothing.

I’m not sure how they deal with blemishes like that. Also selling it yourself could get some time-wasters since people are going to be more likely to pay for it in person and want to check it out first. If your time is worth more then just take it to the shop and unload it. Maybe it can pay for a dinner out :grinning:

that’s my plan lol some good Indian food

My eyes was drawned by the Cartesian conundrume that arises in this thread.

“I sell second hand clothes, therefore I am”

But don’t lots of secondhand clothes come from dead people? Just saying…

“Dead man naked they shall be one
With the man in the wind and the west moon;
When their bones are picked clean and the clean bones gone,
They shall have stars at elbow and foot;
Though they go mad they shall be sane,
Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;
Though lovers be lost love shall not;
And death shall have no dominion.”

1 Like

I donate my old clothes to Salvation Army because they are worn out so I think there are some who are like me. Not all old clothes are from dead people. When I die I plan to donate all my clothes. Lol

Dead Man Donating

What are some names of suggested brands?

I asked this question on Facebook a year or so back when I wanted to get rid of a lot of clothes (which I want to do again in the near future). Taiwanese suggested the donations bins but a lot of foreigners were convinced they were nothing but a front for some sort of illegal organization which re-sells the clothing…somewhere.

I asked in the second-hand charity shops you see around and they all said they would accept donations for clothing if in good condition though not too many because people don’t appear to want to purchased used clothing even if previous owner is alive.

Make sure you put it in your will. Otherwise your relatives may fight over them. It could get ugly.

No they don’t.

Taiwanese generally won’t buy second hand clothes because the clothes might have come from a dead person and be haunted.

Especially during ghost month.

Who wants old clothes?

I donate because I think the old fabrics can be recycled and I often wear down my clothes first.

I seen shops selling cut up clothing to use as rags. I imagine that’s where all the old clothing end up.