Do Taiwanese girls need to be married before 30?

He gave the answer: yes, because biology, not trends.

Do taiwanese girls need to be married before 30 because of biological, social or cultural reasons?

Cultural and socialz and not so much ā€˜needā€™ t anymore

Age is pretty irrelevant if they donā€™t want children or if they are content to adopt.

I know a couple who has been doing some sort of traditional fertility treatment for a few years - I donā€™t remember what it costs but itā€™s far from inexpensive.

Oh, he lives in the north and she lives in the south - I think they see each other for a day each month.

1 Like

I think I found the problemā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah, he mentioned that they have spent something like $60k trying to have kids because his mother wants them. Later in the same conversation, I asked if his wife worked 24/7 like he does and he said that she did but heā€™s been so busy she hasnā€™t come up to see him in a few months.

"Waitā€¦so youā€™re telling meā€¦?

My favorite couples are the people who get married, have a kid nine months later then go to work in China and dump the kid off with their parents or random unmarried sibling.

2 Likes

Maybe they donā€™t actually want to have kids and are just doing all the treatments to be able to tell her ā€œhey, we tried.ā€ It wouldnā€™t be the most insane thing Iā€™d ever heard done just to shut an in-law up.

1 Like

Iā€™m not talking about traditional Taiwan bullshit, Iā€™m talking about ART in another country

Age is a reality if you want to conceive though. Some people might not care at first, but Iā€™ve known people who didnā€™t care and get into their late 30s and they change their mind. It happens often I believe. Especially now when life has more to offer for people. And they didnā€™t take into full consideration of how age can change things for them.

2 Likes

People donā€™t seem to be able to separate getting married from having children in this thread. Plenty of people have children without getting married and vice versa.

Theyā€™re related here.

A lot of the pressure from the older generations for kids to marry is to ensure that they reproduce and carry on the family insurance policy.

2 Likes

Too bad marriage doesnā€™t ensure jack.

1 Like

Yes to all if they donā€™t want to end up as crazy cat ladies.

if they donā€™t get married before 30, they end up as crazy car ladies?

anytime I see twins nowadays whether in Taiwan or elsewhere, I automatically presume a higher likelihood it was through artificial insemination; there are way too many twins in the world nowadays for them to arrive the natural way; just look at all the actresses/singers in the U.S. and elsewhere over 40 who suddenly give birth to twins

they probably have frozen eggs from their 20ā€™s

Also youthfulness is the one constant factor for attractiveness that men find in women across all cultures and age groups.

The reality is, women have options when theyā€™re 20. And it does take a man for this to work. Who knows how your marriage or relationship turns out later in life. It may end. And itā€™s going to be significantly harder to pick a good partner into their late 30s and 40s.

I think women also underestimate how much this will affect them.

Adoption is of course an option for people. A great thing to welcome your home to a child like that as well.

1 Like

surely that would be big boobs?

3 Likes

Also, there are benefits to be married, I donā€™t know in Taiwan if they have any, but in my country there are pretty good so couples get married.