Do you eat White People Food?

Trending for the past few months in China. Great translation: Lunch of suffering

3 Likes

i miss salad.

5 Likes

Quite easy to make! A variety of hydroponically grown lettuces available these days.

4 Likes

It’s hilarious how accurate this description is. Most white people I know can’t cook for shit.

Also whenever I see people say groceries are cheap in XXX I always think bitch you can’t even cook.

3 Likes

A Nicoise salad, quiche Lorraine and a vintage quality Fleurie will always trump chicken kidney soup.

4 Likes

Do you even live in Taiwan? People here can’t cook for shit.

13 Likes

Most Taiwanese people learn how to cook once they have to live overseas. In Taiwan there’s no need to cook at all.

1 Like

Thought the white people food stuff was funny

1 Like

I never realized I could have other options than this

May consider defecting… the lies!

8 Likes

Not even the cooks in most of the restaurants!

Plenty of white people sandwich food in Taiwan, though. And “Italian” “restaurants”

11 Likes

They are just jealous because they have never seen raw vegetables or fruit in their lives.
I must say, every time I think this forum must have finally run out of new ways to invoke China bashing something else pops up. Turning the recent tragedy in Morocco into China bashing was either a new high or a new low.

I found that the best cuisine in Taiwan was prepared inside the homes that I visited, along with the best of company. :clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

Swap out the middle one with “overcooked so that there is no nutrition remaining and it slides down your gullet without chewing” and this still describes Taiwanese food to me
:man_shrugging:

I remember having great lunches in China, to be fair to the trend. Processed cheese on white bread with some ham is sad.

Lunchables were good when I was 10, though!

These days I usually cook dinner for 2 and eat alone (:disappointed_relieved:) so there are leftovers for lunch! Yesterday was cheese and spinach stuffed ravioli (costco) in an herb and white wine sauce, with broccoli and grilled chicken
:yum:

Then again, I don’t identify as white…

3 Likes

I love White People Food!

13 Likes

Bad white people food:

1 Like

Let me fix this one:

4 Likes

An impoverished white person guess…

Iberico???

1 Like

Some European/N.American food can be pretty bad…your traditional Dutch lunch for instance is what…a sandwich with edam cheese and a tomato slice ? A Taiwanese breakfast shop or hotel breakfast with fake peanut butter, fake ham, fake jam, take tea, fake milk. That’s taking white people food to the next level!

These days ‘white people food’ is almost any food from anywhere though isn’t it.

3 Likes

Discount prosciutto.

4 Likes

After a 22 year long ptsd, I revisited veggie mite and enjoyed it. Have also purchased beyond burgers that bleed red and smell and taste of a grill.

Moving into uncharted seas.

3 Likes