Do you have the world's most sexy accent

That’s the kind Mick is talking about.

The sexiest one is of our Chinese secretary in my office speaking almost perfect English.

Sorry, not kinky enough. I’m thinking more along the lines of yelling “shut up meg” at Mila Kunis just as she’s getting into the zone.

Californian Asian accent with a mid-level pitch and talks about engineering really does it for me.

I can’t tell how Auli’i Cravalho’s Hawaii accent is different from just a (non-Valley) Californian accent, unless she drops a couple of Hawaiian words in, but that sounds very smooth as well.

I also dig a certain type of Texan accent…

All places I’ve lived in, maybe that’s why they sound good to me?

2 Likes

The SEXIEST accent is clearly Indian. There’s no competition!

8 Likes

It’s weird they changed the headline as it doesn’t match the content at all. But worked for the clicks I guess!

Oh, also, whatever Taika Waititi is doing when he speaks normally. I wish I can sound like that.

The uptalking and the vocal fry are deal breakers. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Did Mayuko do the uptalking thing? She definitely throws a bunch of vocal fry near the end of every sentence though.

Yes, she has it bad. Nothing more annoying to me. American women millennial and below all sound like nails on a chalkboard to me though, to be fair.

Even Liz Olsen?

Vocal fryyyyyyyy…

I guess vocal fry just doesn’t bother me that much. I just realized Elizabeth Olsen throws in uptalking in almost every sentence XD

She has a certain sonorous tone to her voice, but the valley is too strong.

I don’t like the Californian accent.
NY and Southern US in particular Georgia …Great accents, also some personality to go with it is important .

I don’t either, and I’m a Californian. The men sound much better than the women though (similar to the Japanese in that regard). NY accent is an acquired taste, but it seems to be rapidly disappearing.

1 Like

So how about the various Taiwanese accents? Age and location have some differences as well make/female/other.

1 Like

I like Hakka-accented Mandarin. Very cute.

1 Like

It definitely is but I love NY so…
I’m watching Son of Sam on Netflix now some great great NYC accents and scenes of NY in it. Yeah I was also wondering how many NYC girls still speak like that…

When I talk to younger New Yorkers, they sound just like me. Very strange…

1 Like