Do you like Taiwan?

“Foreign” meaning Overseas Chinese from the US, Australia, Europe, etc…

Package includes photo session, tours or CKS Memorial and Mausoleum, and other amenities, as your own engraved tea packages.

As an aside comment, from what I see that passes as Spanish here in the Island, I’d rather have machine translation. At least that is vaguely understandable.

Your so-called “teacher” rejected you? Then he or she is a moron. What a shame that you’re relying on a dick for your edumacation! Can’t you save up some money and go somewhere where they have real teachers, instead of these halfwits with which they populate faculty here? What an embarrassment! He’s like the “hear no evil” monkey, right?

Sandman said: [quote]Your so-called “teacher” rejected you? Then he or she is a moron. What a shame that you’re relying on a dick for your edumacation! Can’t you save up some money and go somewhere where they have real teachers, instead of these halfwits with which they populate faculty here? What an embarrassment! He’s like the “hear no evil” monkey, right?[/quote]

Sandy, I think you have your facts mixed up. The OP’s classmate asked a Global Village teacher for help.

I really hope the OP shows this thread to the bloke he laughingly refers to as a “teacher.”
“Those dirty foreigners just don’t love Taiwan!” is what he’ll respond with. Dollars to donuts. :laughing: Dumb schmuck. “But I’M a university teacher! A UNIVERSITY teacher! How DARE they!”

[quote=“bv76106”]I’m so sorry.I don’t want to waste your time. :frowning:
That’s a homework,a homework to practice.
I’m so sorry.If you feel angry,I 'm sorry. :frowning:
We just want to know that what the foreigner like.[/quote]

I’m not angry. I hope you get a good grade on your project.

[quote=“bv76106”]Thank you.
My classmate asked the 地球村 teacher.
But the teacher rejected him. :frowning:
I’m so sorry that make you unhappy. :frowning:[/quote]

BV - send me a PM with the Global village teachers mobile number. i’ll make an apPOINTment with him/her.
I am getting fed-up with the way you youngsters are been “educated”. (drilled is the better word)

Guess there was no other project to invent anymore keeping ya kids of the streets.
Feel unhappy for you - don’t feel for us. ( so your classmate’s name is babelfish? :wink: )

Sorry, i can’t help with the translation (I can only ridentify EXIT in Chinese) but I am sure some of the responders here could help you out… good luck with the project.

I am not in favor of a Nude beach. We got them way back in Europe and they are a pain in the ass. (sand + rocks + butt = hurts :whistle: )

Those “foreigners” are probably Japanese, Koreans and Hong Kongers.

Westerners would probably prefer Guam over Taiwan any day.

“Wedding Photo Tourism” would be more accurate. The idea is to attract couples from places like Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, and Korea, to have their wedding photos shot in Taiwan. I am not sure how many couples from neighboring countries have followed this call, but there certainly seems to be a market for that. This is not targeted at Western tourists. Taiwan’s wedding photographers pride themselves to be among the best in the business.

Medical tourism is a different story. While the medical sector is very advanced in Taiwan and prices are much lower than in the West, it’s difficult to promote this kind of tourism without a pleasant stress-free environment where one could recuperate after an operation. Would you rather recover from your latest breast implant procedure at a tropical beach in Thailand or at Kending?

They;re also considerably cheaper than here in HK. I have Chinese colleagues from here in HK that have gone to Taiwan specifically for the wedding pics. Apparently it’s still cheaper after factoring in flights and hotels!

HG

Hi bv76106, I have filled out the survey for you. Don’t worry about the people who sound angry.

Next time, if you are putting together something like that survey, you can hire an editor to help you fix the English first. But also, spend more time thinking about the questions and the answer options. For many of the questions, you didn’t allow the answer I wanted to give.

1. How many times have you visited Taiwan?
    My answer: I am not a visitor. I live here. Your survey won’t let me give this answer.

2. I want to choose ‘residence’ but you don’t give this option.

3. How long will I stay this time? I put 12775 days, and I hope I live that long (at least).

4. You didn’t give the option of ‘motorcycle’ or ‘scooter’.

… and so on. Spending more time to properly design a survey (and giving more “other” options) is important if you want the results to be meaningful and valuable.

Good luck with your project! :slight_smile:

Maybe there should be a Lonely Planet guide for Taiwanese people visiting Forumosa - “Be careful, unlike Taiwanese people, foreigners online attack in groups”.

[quote=“ceevee369”][quote=“bv76106”]Thank you.
My classmate asked the 地球村 teacher.
But the teacher rejected him. :frowning:
I’m so sorry that make you unhappy. :frowning:[/quote]

BV - send me a PM with the Global village teachers mobile number. I’ll make an apPOINTment with him/her.
I am getting fed-up with the way you youngsters are been “educated”. (drilled is the better word)

Guess there was no other project to invent anymore keeping ya kids of the streets.
Feel unhappy for you - don’t feel for us. ( so your classmate’s name is babelfish? :wink: )

Sorry, i can’t help with the translation (I can only ridentify EXIT in Chinese) but I am sure some of the responders here could help you out… good luck with the project.

I am not in favor of a Nude beach. We got them way back in Europe and they are a pain in the ass. (sand + rocks + butt = hurts :whistle: )[/quote]

It depends, did they offer payment for the editing job? Maybe they didn’t have time to do the job.

Right. A bushiban teacher’s responsibilities don’t include lengthy editing of documents which aren’t related to the class, so I’m not surprised that the teacher turned it down. Maybe some teachers will be nice enough to do it for free, but it really isn’t their duty to do that. The students need to learn that such editing is a professional service, and that they may need to hire someone to do it.

I PMed the OP with an edited and modified version of the survey. Hope he/she implements it!

What a nice thing to do!

The thing with the survey is that most people here are not tourists, they are residents.

Taiwan is a wonderful place to live, but a really boring, frustrating and incredibly expensive place (flying from Europe to Taiwan via HK) to visit, for many reasons.

the OP forgot to ask “do you like chinese food?” i studied at Tunghai and a couple of times a semester a group of tourism, architecture, whatever students would approach the chinese-language students (in a group of course to complete one survey) and ask questions like that. i always answered no, which confused them and to which i’d reply “then why did you ask?.” also “how was your christmas?” to which i responded (in chinese) “im jewish.” the reply to this was (with pointing to Tunghai’s famous Luce Chapel) “do you go to this church often?”

The issue gets clouded because people who visit Taiwan are generally polite to their hosts.

‘Do you like Taiwanese food?’
‘Sure! There are some really nice things to eat’ (Thinking; ‘true to a certain extent, but ducks blood and chicken hearts? Bler. And the ‘international food’ is inedible.’)
'Really? That’s great! Let’s go and get some chou doufu. (Wow! Foreigners LOVE Taiwanese food)

I think many Europeans would list food as something NOT to travel to Taiwan for. Not that it’s bad, it’s just so different from what is the norm, ‘back home’. Whereas I’ve heard that Korean and Japanese tourists come here to eat.

That’s the danger of classifying potential tourists as ‘Taiwanese’ and ‘foreigners’.

In Taiwan, I like; temples, some food, but sweet Jesus, not night-market fodder, mountains, malls, the sea, coastal places like JiuFen and a million other things. I loathe night markets, tour buses, crowds, noise, etc.

The lamest tourist spot I saw was the salt mountain. WHY?

Thanks for your help! It’s very kind of you to tell me the wrong.
I corrected the survey.
[color=#FF0000]http://survey.youthwant.com.tw/fill_survey_preface.php?idno=1000043571[/color]

Thanks for your help! It’s very kind of you to tell me the wrong.
I corrected the survey.
[color=#FF0000]http://survey.youthwant.com.tw/fill_survey_preface.php?idno=1000043571[/color][/quote]

I’m sorry.[color=#FF0000]http://survey.youthwant.com.tw/fill_survey_preface.php?idno=1000043579[/color]

Please help me,thank you. :notworthy: