Do You Talk Like You Post?

How close is your online persona and you?

Do you see yourself sitting around a table, say at Carnegies discussing “Crunchy Pubes” in mixed company?

Would you call someone a “foulmouthed bastard” to his face (even if it were in jest, true, but in jest all the same)?

Would you aggresively and with great vengence attack someone’s political POV if he or she were sitting right across from you?

In short, Do you post like you talk?

I swear more in person.

So do I.

You can take the boy out of the sticks…

I try to swear but it comes out with asterisks. I can’t pronounce f**k. And my Chinese is always changed into proper pinyin.

JD, if you’d stuck around at Neiwan for a few more hours you’d know this first hand. I’m even more rude and vile in person… unless you’re bigger than I am. :blush:

I dunno, JDS, do I? :idunno:

I talk just as much shit in real life

No…because mumbling and drooling doesn’t translate well from your mouth to the keyboard.

[quote=“JDS”]How close is your online persona and you?

Do you see yourself sitting around a table, say at Carnegies discussing “Crunchy Pubes” in mixed company?

Would you call someone a “foulmouthed bastard” to his face (even if it were in jest, true, but in jest all the same)?

Would you aggresively and with great vengence attack someone’s political POV if he or she were sitting right across from you?

In short, Do you post like you talk?[/quote]

Yes.

My spellig is much better when I talk.

Actually YOU were the foulmouthed bastard I was talking about! :wink:

Ironmen talks as he posts.

That is good, as he’s wuite thoughtful.

A fair bit of posters would be talking out of their arses, if they talked as they posted.

Not at all.

I only speak in smilies.

I actually say ‘LOL’ and ‘Woot’ and ‘Pwnd’ in real-life conversation.

i type faster than i talk

[quote=“Sgt. Stadenko”]I actually say ‘LOL’ and ‘Woot’ and ‘Pwnd’ in real-life conversation.[/quote]So do I, but pasting images and links is a real bastard.

I don’t give people sitting in front of me the finger for what they say much anymore…but I still do that to the screen when I read some of their posts…although, sometimes I feel I’d like to make an exception in real life… :whistle:

I talk like I post when I talk to other Forumosans. But last night I was at my sister’s barbecue party and I was just sitting there quietly and didn’t speak a word. And I definately didn’t dare talk to any men. You’d be amazed to see how quiet Notsu can be. :blush:
Sometimes it’s good to have an outgoing online persona to do the talking for you. :slight_smile:

Anybody recite their signature after they speak?

It’s similar, I’d say. I think I’m even less articulate in person, but I still come off sounding like a know-it-all despite my best attempts not to.

:frowning: