Do you think age in relationships matter?

[color=blue]What do you think about younger women dating older guys or, younger guys dating older women? Is an age gap a good thing or… not ? :smiley: [/color]

I think it’s sick and it’s our duty to stop it!

We should only date people of the same age, race and preferrably of the same gender, too!

[quote=“Notsu”]I think it’s sick and it’s our duty to stop it!
We should only date people of the same age, race and preferrably of the same gender, too![/quote]
But that means you and me can never be together! :frowning:

In fact, that leaves me just one dating option in Taiwan… No, wait! She’s not the same race. Damn! I’ve noone then!

[quote=“tash”][quote=“Notsu”]I think it’s sick and it’s our duty to stop it!
We should only date people of the same age, race and preferrably of the same gender, too![/quote]

In fact, that leaves me just one dating option in Taiwan… No, wait! She’s not the same race. Damn! I’ve noone then![/quote]You’ve got me, I’m the same height, that’s very important in a relationship.

Age difference in itself is not a problem, the perception of it is.

[quote=“Notsu”]I think it’s sick and it’s our duty to stop it!

I’m proposing you for a ban. You have been banned from Estonia and must return immediately.

THAT’LL learn ya! :raspberry:

I don’t get this joke :s Is it Danish?

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“Notsu”]I think it’s sick and it’s our duty to stop it!

I’m proposing … return immediately.

[/quote]

Awwwww…
But you’re even older than Tash! :s

Yes, dirty old men with younger women … can’t be … not even on the same forum … posting … bah … you dirty old men

Dirty ol’ women …what about that?

[quote=“tash”][quote=“Notsu”]I think it’s sick and it’s our duty to stop it!

In fact, that leaves me just one dating option in Taiwan… No, wait! She’s not the same race. Damn! I’ve noone then![/quote]
Well, now that there’s no point in stopping over in Estonia pout I’m rebooking my ticket just to pick up a hot little Croatian number for you to play with. Of course, judging by the infamous Apple Daily Survey, you’ll then be forced to quit your job because there’ll be no time for work. Perhaps we can take up a collection to help support you and your soon-to-be-brought friend in Taiwan. I wonder how we could entice people to donate to the cause… :ponder:

Estonia facts:

15-64 years: 67.7% (male 429,843/female 472,034)
65 years and over: 16.8% (male 74,037/female 150,233) (2005 est.)

So there are no dirty old men in Estonia … lucky women … but than they have more dirty old women … uhmm … :doh: :ponder:

Same for Croatia …

15-64 years: 67% (male 1,497,355/female 1,514,993)
65 years and over: 16.6% (male 283,460/female 462,250) (2005 est.)

But than … men like us are lucky … :discodance:

Hey Dragonbones, what’s your opinion? :slight_smile:

Seriously:

If it’s accpetable to both people, then it’s perfectly OK and nobody else’s business.

Have a bit of experience on this topic, so I think I’ll throw my hat in the ring…

Age differences in a relationship CAN be an issue/problem if the reason the two people got into the relationship in the first place was because of the age difference. It’s the same deal as with cross-cultural relationships. If you’re a caucasion guy with a ‘thing’ for Chinese women, or vice versa (include here all variations on gender and sexual orientation), hooking-up with or marrying someone to satisfy that itch is dumb. The stereotype soon gets replaced with the reality that, hey, the person concerned is human after all. Unless you’re in love with that human, your days together are numbered. Ironically, the final result for any relationship that includes this kind of up-front objectification is that the reason the two people get together ends up being the same reason they break up. Purity of love in relationships, it seems, will not be denied.

:astonished: Why me?

:laughing:

Seriously, it depends on the maturity and compatibility of the individuals involved. Controlling for those, age gaps between consenting adults should be meaningless.

Of course, age tends to be correlated (although imperfectly) with maturity, so it may be true of a large swath (but not all) of the population that a large age gap can produce additional stresses on a relationship.

And because it’s true of many (not all), then there tend to be prejudices in our society – e.g., people may criticize the couple. But such prejudices are unfair at the individual level, and such behavior is very ugly.

Another form of prejudice comes in the form of assumptions of ulterior motives, such as “he must just be chasing young tail”, or “she must just be in it for his money”. Again, these assumptions are unfair, and such conclusions should be based on more information about a particular individual or couple. However, the prejudices and potential criticism can place additional stress on a couple, even if they are perfectly matched and the negativities unwarranted. So the couple should be prepared to deal with that.

[quote=“guangtou”]Have a bit of experience on this topic, so I think I’ll throw my hat in the ring…

Age differences in a relationship CAN be an issue/problem if the reason the two people got into the relationship in the first place was because of the age difference. It’s the same deal as with cross-cultural relationships. If you’re a caucasion guy with a ‘thing’ for Chinese women, or vice versa (include here all variations on gender and sexual orientation), hooking-up with or marrying someone to satisfy that itch is dumb. The stereotype soon gets replaced with the reality that, hey, the person concerned is human after all. Unless you’re in love with that human, your days together are numbered. Ironically, the final result for any relationship that includes this kind of up-front objectification is that the reason the two people get together ends up being the same reason they break up. Purity of love in relationships, it seems, will not be denied.[/quote]

Older men are hot. No two ways about it. :wink:

I love you.

I saw her first!

I have more hair than both ofthem put together.

Yeah JD, but on your back don’t count.

Sadly, or happily I guess, miss Gcat’s already smitten.

HG

THAT was very cute. In fact spankable cute…

As to the rest of you boyz: gcat’s a very big, male construction worker with no front teeth. I’m into that kind of thing, but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. Just thought you should know.