Do you think Taiwan will become a poor country in the future?

Taiwan has loads and loads of world renowned industries. You can find pockets of the top tier manufacturers of random industries in places like Nantou.

Taiwan bosses are just cheap and labor laws are fucking shit

7 Likes

does that mean people will be able to afford housing again? and all the asshats holding property as investment will finally get crapped on?

1 Like

Numbeo is stupid as fuck. It should be shut down for perpetuating fake news.

In Taipei it is very expensive but the same is true almost everywhere. Housing is overpriced in the largest city.

Actually itā€™s not just Taipei unfortunately. Taiwan property prices and land prices are ridiculously high because of the population density and that you can do almost anything you want with farmlandā€¦Iā€™ve looked around all over Taiwanā€¦Even in the small towns and villages you will struggle to find nice housing . And standalone property with a small piece of land is very expensive here. I can buy a castle or villa in Ireland or France or Spain for the price of an acre or two of some parcels of farmland here. I can buy a villa in France for the price of a regular horrible shitty apartment in Taipei .

1 Like

Idk about land prices, but property prices are nothing special outside Taipei.

I donā€™t know what is it with people believing that overpriced property prices is exclusively a Taiwan problem. Only very rich people can afford owning properties in the largest city pretty much everywhere. Is it a problem? Sure. But if you believe itā€™s not the case elsewhere you are delusional.

Iā€™ve looked aroundā€¦Unfortunately land and housing here ā€¦The prices are awful even compare to expensive countries in Europe.

1 Like

Well if you want a castle then of course there wouldnā€™t be one in Taiwan :roll:

Not even a castle just a nice house in the country. And these arenā€™t the cheap countries in Europe.

1 Like

That house looks like itā€™s haunted. Especially that living room.

Taiwan is far smaller and most of the island is a mountain chain so of course lands would be more expensive. You wouldnā€™t find a cheap country house in Malta either.

Groceries is not food. Groceries are expensive here because of the ā€œeat outā€ culture lowered grocery demand. Food is much cheaper here overall.

Lack of competition .

Last time I checked groceries sell food lol.

Wages are rising. Electronics companies, construction workers, machinists, all seeing huge gains.

Some sectors are being slammed by Covid, but thatā€™s temporal.

1 Like

It may also be spatial. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Itā€™s called ā€˜characterā€™ , every historical house should come with a good ghost story.

3 Likes

Didnā€™t you know English teacher wages are the only thing that matters?

Iā€™m willing to bet my life food in UK & France is more expensive than in Taiwan.

Donā€™t do it. You will lose it. Food (Groceries) are way cheaper in France and the UK. Produce is also better except for fruit.

1 Like

SE Asia still has a long way to go.

Iā€™ve mentioned how difficult it is to work with manufacturers there before for my business. SE Asian prices are amazing, far better than Chinaā€™s right now. Hellā€¦even China outsources to places like Vietnam. I speak with Vietnamese manufacturers in my industry, their biggest market is China. Then China sells to the West.

The reason for this is the lack of infrastructure to support the level of exports E Asian countries are used to. From logistics, financial structures being difficult, to random regulations that are stupid and the lack of ability to combat the virus right now.

Iā€™ve had to hire translators, my biggest manufacturer now is in Vietnam. But no one can speak Englishā€¦and the banking sucks there. Lots of hurdles, itā€™s not going to be attractive to large supply chain needs.

4 Likes

It depends on what kind of food.

And Numbeo is full of shit. Those prices look laughable.

Regular staples as listed above. Taiwan is expensive for good quality fresh food . Even rice is more expensive here.
Numbeo is pretty accurate overall in my experience.

2 Likes