Does anyone here know Roy Ngerng?

If so, can you tell him to stop spreading misinformation and fake news? His spreading all sorts of false nonsense about Taiwan on The News Lens and Twitter is dangerous.

1 Like

He might just be the one Taiwan public figure (I know he’s not Taiwanese) I hate more than Ma

1 Like

I really hope he leaves soon. I am soooo sick of him.

I see on news lense he compares raw wages unadjusted for expenses between countries.

Never heard of him. No link?

How is his nonsense “dangerous” btw?

Most nonsense isn’t. :doh:

What is he spreading that is fake news?

https://x.com/royngerng?s=21&t=B6ADwtewO2PyETPVuLyuEA

1 Like

We shouldn’t be asking Taiwan to tone down for fear of ‘angering’ China. Taiwan is the victim here. It is normal for countries to have exchanges. What is not normal is for China to threaten Taiwan. China is the aggressor here. Victim-blaming only emboldens the aggressor.
[12:15 PM · Aug 2, 2022]
(https://twitter.com/royngerng/status/1554319918522195968)

That…bastard!

yeah, sorry, I don’t get it. What’s the big todo?

He makes good points about minimum wage and how useless the DPP is in raising it.

1 Like

The guy seems very pro-Taiwan.

Does he own a Tesla?

3 Likes

I similarly fail to see what the problem is.

The curse of cryptic 2AM post. :doh:

He doesn’t. Minimum wage is pointless because very few people actually make it, and DPP raised it by 40% since 2016.

KMT raised it by almost nothing during Ma’s years.

All he writes is misinformation. He cites all sorts of questionable statistics to make his stupid point. That is dangerous.

1 Like

Fair enough. I don’t know him so can’t help.

oh yeah got stats for that?
I think you know well that minimum wage is a base they can point to as the floor for wage negotiations.

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

That’s hilarious. Non action is violence, man. Go find him!

3 Likes

Never heard of him. Not interested to chase after someone on X or reddit or IG or whatever social media people are using

This is from years ago and back then only around 700k were on minimum wage. Now it’s most likely a lot fewer.

One evidence is how little protest there is from industry lobbies. They are pretty fucking shameless and used to always argue bullshit excuses to block minimum wage increases, now they basically straight up agree with the union’s proposal, which shows that they don’t find it relevant anymore.

Not much argument this year.

In 2018 though they released a piece of shit white paper to argue against a smaller increase.