Does anyone in Taipei have a 20 NT coin?

And people save them, makes accumulating money much easier,

On that same note, if one or more if your bills gets damaged, torn or whatever, you just stand in line at Bank of Taiwan and they will exchange it for a new clean bill.

3 Likes

O_o

where is that coming from?

as a person who still pays in cash, I really like them.

3 Likes

I have a whole piggy bank worth of Tsiúnn Uī-suí 10 NT coins. I knew when Ma became president they were going to phase those out, so whenever I saw one, I kept it.

1 Like

Ok, so far it looks like we got
@marco
@bingobango
@RickRoll
@HongKonger

@dan2006 You in for some harmless trolling?

1 Like

The usual hei dao gangs.

The usual something something.

The mafia and China.

Though I also do not see the point of spending time and money into coining 50 NTD coins. Yet here we are. Ask locals. They can show you a few.

Just like the fake bills currently in circulation.

1 Like

I genuinely don’t know what you are talking about. You mean there are fake 50 NT coins out there? and that people avoid them because of that reason? of that there’s some urban legend claiming that and some people got scared and avoid them?

I use them because I prefer them to 5 coins of 10. Same with 10 and 5 NT coins. Sometimes my wallet can be fat, and not because I’m rich.

1 Like

It would be funny if they had used simplified Chinese xD

4 Likes

Time to update the design of the 50NTD then. I actually loved the second design with the two colors.

1 Like

Got some. $2000 worth. Taiwan Bank

7 Likes

Braille on a coin! Fucking genius

2 Likes

20s, arguably the most beautiful peice of modern day Taiwanese money!

I have a few rolls laying around because I love the coin. I’m up to spending some :slight_smile:

Alrighty, adding @explant to the list.

I figure I will accumulate enough for about $20000 of income in April. And then just release them. See if they end up back in your hands, have some fun. Small purchases? Spend exclusively with 20s. Big ones? Probably not worth to count out $1000 in $20s.

2 Likes

Can flood the convenience stores when you get small change items and snacks, they will have a fast turn around, but they may all end up back at the bank.

Not likely if they only have several on hand. Banks likely will want them rolled.

Change is change and businesses often complain to me about a lack of change.

But I think this will take a long time to dissipate.

Anyways, wanna have fun with us?

is that an offer? hehe

I will pick some and play along, maybe one of the long weekends when the banks are closed for 4 days would be a good target time.

Tomb Sweeping holiday is then for sure.

So. We collect $20s and have a grand old time for April Fool’s

1 Like

Yes.

Yes.