Does he have a crush on me or just want to get lucky?

Short story…

I met him in Taipei “Once”. He was my friends of friends and on his biz/vacation to Taipei. My friend asked me to tour him around some places for one night.

We went dancing in Luxy until 4am. (I even invited a stranger I met in TGI Fridays to tag-along with us coz my gf was with me.) It was all platonic and we all had fun. The next day, he texted me saying thank you and I was stunning, fun and sexy sort of stuffs. I just replied him to have fun vacation and safe trip back. (he was on his Thai trip afterwards)

After 2 wks, he texted me again and invited me to be out with him coz he got one-night stopover in Taipei before heading back Cali. I didnt go coz I was really sick with flu. One month passed, I told him that I will stop by Boston this weekend for some vacation/work.

Then he asked if he can see me in Boston. He told me that he is going to ask his company if he can work remotely or take 3-4 days vacation to meet up with me. He said he has never been to Boston and would like a personal guide. (I found out lots of guys use this lame pickup line but it works to me thou) I told him that I would babysit him if he does visit. He said its going to be fun to hang out with me again.

So he is coming to see me from Cali. What is he thinking? Just make friend? I thought he was joking and I was being polite in the first place. (I meant he is cool and I dont mind making friend with him) We only met and hung out once. Is he going to make “his move” to see if anything sparks between us? Everything was platonic and I didnt flirt with him. He said Taiwanese guys must be retarded something coz Im single here.

Its big commitment to see a girl you met in Asia once. I meant how many guys would really do that?! If it is all cool and platonic, Im cool with it. If he is thinking of other stuffs, I feel stressed. (Im against long-distance and I only ask/have friendship from/with him) :ponder:

SEX and companionship is never far from a guys mind when it comes to a lady (unless he’s gay) . Emphasis on the former. Dont for a second think its otherwise.

He’s not out to platonically enjoy Boston with you. Hes already behind the curve, because most guys wouldve made a move a lot earlier (me for example).

OH POLICE… dont be so dense ?? :slight_smile:

edit: On the other hand thats how the MAN UPSTAIRS gets men married. The unwary feline gets the tom all hot and bothered. He nails her, she likes it, asks to be nailed again …and again…and pretty soon the girl has the guy in her clutches and the tables turned…she’s nailing him and…the dude is a cooked goose (uh gander I mean).

edit 2: To answer your question. YES he has a crush on you. and YES he wants to get lucky.

Still single, eh Tommy?

Yup, I think I may hve to buy a bride in Indonesia or Phillippines !!! American women are too doggone smart. See no american lassie will think a guy flying over to boston will have platonic conversation on his mind.

Thats why I LOVE TW girlies :slight_smile: YESSIREE>

What??? What part of telling you that you’re sexy and stunning don’t you get? He thinks you’re sexy. Good for the sexing. That’s not a “cool and platonic” comment.

He likes you and wants to get to know you better. If he didn’t want anything from you, he wouldn’t be flying across the US and taking time off work to hang out with you.

If you like him then spend sometime with him. It’s not like you’re entering into some kind of contractually-binding agreement by spending 4 days together or anything. You don’t have to do anything romantic or sexual if you don’t want to. But don’t kid yourself by convincing yourself that all he wants is a “cool and platonic” relationship. Casual, maybe, but it seems very unlikely that he does not want to get in your pants eventually. If you’re cool with that then go for it. But don’t go because you wanted to “make a new friend” and then get all offended when he makes a move on you somewhere down the line.

I’d say that if he’s willing to travel across the US to see you, he is genuinely interested. No sane man would travel that far for just a shag. What about you? How do you feel about long distance relationships and, more important, are you even attracted to this guy? You post keeps mentioning platonic, platonic, platonic…seems to say something about how you feel about him. :laughing:

IF I read TW girlies right. She likes him. More then shes ready to admit :stuck_out_tongue:

Most TW girls wont go out with someone unless they at least LIKE him.

They start getting confused when they start to LIKE the guy a bit more and cant admit it to themselves just yet.

They start thinking the guy has to be some sort of angelic monk (so its “safe” to take the next step). Then they get laid and suddenly its “FATE—he’s the ONE”.

And if he runs they go pyscho cuz they cant understand what happened.

(not saying this is what the OP is like here…just saying in general, what is quite common)

Haha…thanks, guys.

Oh, my…I did know what he meant “sexy” and know that he had a thing for me. thats why I tried not to contact him often after we met. My friend was trying to set me up a date for me to get over my ex and suggested him as my rebound boy.

Im not ready to settle down yet or commit myself in any serious relationship with him. I already have two american guys waiting my return to solve our long-distance/ love triangles things and of course Cali boy doesnt know it.

I never do casual dating and maybe I should try coz Im so alone in Asia. To be honest, I sometimes play "innocent-asian-woman-doesnt-know-anything-but-friendship rule to reject american boys since some men just love it so much and its not painful that much. :roflmao:

[quote=“tommy525”]Yup, I think I may hve to buy a bride in Indonesia or Phillippines !!! American women are too doggone smart. See no American lassie will think a guy flying over to boston will have platonic conversation on his mind.

Thats why I LOVE TW girlies :slight_smile: YESSIREE>[/quote]

hey, Tommy

you are so naive about Asian women. I think some of them are so manipulative and good at “controlling” their western men by all means. (I might be the dumb one who doesnt know the tricks yet, hoping my Asian fellows would teach me some when Im here) :slight_smile:

The problem is that Im not so sure he view me as “american” or “asian” coz we dont really know each other much. He knew I live in upstate New York and I will fly back and forth between places. If he wants casual dating, why doesnt he find one in Cali? His strong interest on me scares me a little.

Google him. If there’s nothing negative from Googling, then if you like him, do the Boston thing. If you don’t like him, don’t do the Boston thing. IMO, he’s the one taking the risk. Tell him you want him to correct your English. That should help you with idioms and nuances (though me thinks you’re intuitive enough without the help).

How do I know you have good intuition? You nailed Tommy from the getgo.

:roflmao: :roflmao: (tommy lets the fish bite and feeds out the line a long long long ways to see what kind of fish hes got).

Shes flushed herself out more now hasnt she? keke (lovin it)

edit: YES shes right too. Dont for a minute think your average TW girlie is as innocent or as dumb as she appears. They are masters of the game. Cold hearted and calculating even.

There are few virgins (physically or metaphysically) in TW :slight_smile:

tommy525, I’m banning you for life and beyond if you use the word “Taiwan girlie” one more time. :cactus:

Why you acting so naive when you already have two American guys on the hop? What does ‘I had my gf with me,’ mean?

Plus I’d like to add for the record that some men are more than capable of having platonic freindships with women that aren’t at all about the sexy time thoughts. I can also think a girl is sexy without wanting to have sex with her. It’s called having a dick AND a brain.

But Tom, are you saying you can power both AT THE SAME TIME?? Wow :notworthy: :notworthy:

[quote=“TomHill”]Why you acting so naive when you already have two American guys on the hop? What does ‘I had my gf with me,’ mean?

Plus I’d like to add for the record that some men are more than capable of having platonic freindships with women that aren’t at all about the sexy time thoughts. I can also think a girl is sexy without wanting to have sex with her. It’s called having a dick AND a brain.[/quote]

Rarer than hen’s teeth, TH.

We don’t have enough information to make a judgement call. You do, though. And you think too much. Think about it when it’s happening. Think about something more interesting, now.

In this situ, though, they aren’t friends - he doesn’t know her, so i doubt that’s what’s going on.

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“TomHill”]Why you acting so naive when you already have two American guys on the hop? What does ‘I had my gf with me,’ mean?

Plus I’d like to add for the record that some men are more than capable of having platonic freindships with women that aren’t at all about the sexy time thoughts. I can also think a girl is sexy without wanting to have sex with her. It’s called having a dick AND a brain.[/quote]

Rarer than hen’s teeth, TH.

[/quote]

I can do it.

Quite easily. It depends on the associations you make between love, pleasure, friendship, attraction, sex etc. For the right girl I can easily lose my mind, and the old dick takes pleasure in cutting the air supply to the brain, but on a daily basis I quite easily walk about without my dick getting in the way of things. I like the fact that I am able to have solid non-sexual relationships with women. But then again, I probably have quite a female brain. I always chart over the top on empathic/ emotional tests, but can’t do a memory test for shit. Maybe women think I am gay, so they don’t feel bothered about hanging out with me.

I would definitely travel to meet a girl I had no interest in sleeping with. Life isn’t all about making the sticky.

Does that game still work?
US men have been seeing that scam since 1842 when that guy sailed into Japan.
My Daddy said he ran into that as a China Sailor in 1922.
Never hear of Japanese War Brides?
I guess it did work for some during the VN War…but considering that culture unless she was a b-girl loving you long-time it probably was true.

But a Taiwanese girl/women(?) playing that in this days world…amazing…she must think he’s a chump just off the farm.
(not that there’s anything the matter with being ‘off-the-farm’)

And she did say he headed for Thailand after his rendezvous on Taiwan…heh heh heh

edit:
True words indeed Mr. TomHill - Tommy Pat Attention!

[quote=“TomHill”]Why you acting so naive when you already have two American guys on the hop? What does ‘I had my gf with me,’ mean?

Wow. I guess I’m slightly barbaric because I don’t think I have any female friends that I’m not slightly attracted to. Acquaintances yes of course, but not close-ish friends. Never been good at staying friends with exes either.

Anyway, to the OP I think you know what you’re getting into…don’t be surprised if he gets a little annoyed and accuses you of leading him on.

[quote=“rocky raccoon”]
Wow. I guess I’m slightly barbaric because I don’t think I have any female friends that I’m not slightly attracted to. Acquaintances yes of course, but not close-ish friends. Never been good at staying friends with exes either. [/quote]

Maybe it is an age thing rather than inherent barbarism. :smiley: How old are you, if you don’t mind me asking?