Domino’s pizza rip off

Yes it is!

It makes me want to get back to the Bay Area when it’s safe to do so.

Guy

1 Like

Cheese Board is really great! You should try it.

If you don’t want to wait in line you can get good thin slices at Arinell on Shattuck.

1 Like

I should add it moves fast, as they serve one (1) kind of pizza per day only—always veggie friendly—which certainly moves things along. The only thing to debate is how many slices you want! :grin:

Guy

1 Like

Will go see if they are still alive in these COVID days

Drove by cheeseboard
Closed

Only on Mondays or closed closed I don’t know
Will drive by again on another day

Will try to find the other one you mentioned

Bummer!

It seems to be open Tuesdays to Saturdays only.

Guy

Well resorting to the power of google
Both these restaurants are alive and doing take out
Guess off on Mondays

Most restaurants seem to take either Sunday or Monday (or both) off. Very few of my favorite places are open on Mondays.

1 Like

Arinell is not a restaurant, just a NY style pizza counter. You can eat your slice standing up or take it to go. But I mention it because I grew up in the northeast US and Arielle makes what I consider “real” NY pizza!

Cheese board is more like fancy gourmet pizza, and it’s usually delicious! (Also not pretentious, just self serve and people sit outside to eat it).

1 Like

I’m actually not a fan of their pizza…often too dry, and they like putting too much weird gourmet shit on it…but their baked goods, like scones, cookies, etc. are outstanding.

Now that’s a good slice.

1 Like

Dominos Taiwan pizzas

Oh yes! No contest, the local Dominos is much worse.

Went hunting for it but found Ipudo to be open with a few tables set up
Outside
So outside dining is ok again in Berkeley

Ipudo is a bit pricey but is pretty good
You go in after a wait and they are cooking up ramen in front of you and they have a strict policy of no to go bags or takeout so I drove by to see if they do take out

They dont

And after eating there outside and in chilly weather I understand why they don’t do to go and don’t allow take out

It’s because eating outside without the crowds of people and the food staying warm and the sight of all the people running around and the big pots
Cooking up the ramen. It’s simply not good

The whole experience
The visual
The smells
The taste

They have to work together

They don’t work

sitting outside in the cold

Four tables and we were the only ones there

It ain’t the same

1 Like

I would’ve just gone next door for some Blue Bottle coffee… :drooling_face:

Yeah shoulda done that

Vloggers will make videos about everything. Also, I’m creeped out she has the same wall as I do.

Blue Bottle coffee and Cheese Board scones…things from the East Bay I really miss. :sweat:

1 Like

Next time I go back to Taiwan I must get you a couple of those scones and a thermos of blue bottle coffee

I must try those scones myself

1 Like

I’m a fab if Napoli just cos of nostalgia.

Pizzarock are a great option for takeout.

They’re outstanding, and very reasonably priced.