Domino’s pizza rip off

But would any taiwanese actually say dominos or kfc is good? i think they go to KFC because its there, never heard anyone actually bigging it up or anything. I’ve even heard people profess their love for that crap napoli place, kfc? i doubt it.

Riddle me this. Was the weight loss due to:

A) Bacterial contamination caused liquid feces and/or regurgitation

B) Tastes so horrible you can only eat 2 bites before wanting to expell your liver through you mouth and/or anus

C) too expensive and cannot afford to buy it due to cost vs nutritional value

D) Caused you diabetes and/or kidney failure due to extreme levels of sodium and sugars

Dirty hands.

Fixed!

1 Like

They probably prefer the local small street vendor using ‘aged’ frying oil.

This is an easy one.

Don’t buy or eat that stuff!

Guy

Yes genuine one.

Guilty of really liking McDonald’s spicy fried chicken😋
Don’t do it in the UK or didn’t.

1 Like

So A, contamination. To be fair, local fare fries the heck out of things for this exact reason. Woks were born from runny stools and puking.

1 Like

Taiwanese cuisine in a nutshell. :grin:

Is Domino’s here like it is in the US/Canada, or has it been tweaked for local tastes? I’ve lumped them in with hut and Napoli…so never tried.

Pizza Rock, but I might shift over to pizza bros seeing as they have anchovies!

I could do “east meets west” with an anchovy and corn pizza.

There’s worse than corn btw, I’ve seen peas.

1 Like

I’ve heard tales of a kiwi pizza. Not even in a gimmicky way like the ramen one, as in someone actually thought it was a good idea.

1 Like

About once every five years I will have a dominos pizza (one slice is enough)

Last time was five years ago so I guess I’m due

And that time wifey and i shared an order …she’s never mentioned wanting dominos again

And this is here in California

Haven’t been to Pizza Bros? Is it a chain? Local places run by western ex-pats are the best, but Pizza Rock is definitely the best island-wide chain. As good as any above average chain you might find in the US.

Dominoes is bad in the US, and somehow even worse here. Wouldn’t give it to my dog (if I had one).

Was it dominoes that offer free pizza if they didn’t deliver by a certain time? Idk if they do that anymore. They did when i was a kid.

They did it in the 90s until a Dominoes driver was killed trying to get an order delivered in under 30 mins. There was a huge civil suit over it and the bad press got a bit too much.

2 Likes

Makes sense, but I bet that sold a lot of pizzas. We used to time the pizza as part of the experience.

Yes, it was a big part of their marketing at the time. In retrospect, it was pretty irresponsible though.

It’s an ex-pat run place in khh, mainly delivery. Word-of-mouth reviews are exceptionally positive.

Totally agree about pizza rock.

1 Like

You’re in the Bay Area, right? If it’s still open, I’d give my left arm for a couple slices at the Cheese Board in Berkeley. :grin:

Guy

Yeah next time I’m in Berkeley I will check
It out
I’ve never been there because there is always a crowd
And often even a live band and people sit on the grass out in the middle of the road on the small safety island even

Must be awesome pizza