Dominos Pizza

:cry:

What does everyone think about Dominos Pizza here in Taiwan…I think I just had the worst Piz…no meal of my life. To add insult to injury they don’t even have a customer complaint number among the flyers etc… that they delivery with the pizza. Is that because they think their pizza is so good that there won’t be any complaints or are the scared that too many people will call-in?

What was wrong with the pizza?

Wasn’t too many of those damn peas was it? :shock:

Dominos pizza tastes strange… like fish. Not good.

Pineapple on pizza = blasphemy.

i prefer Dominoes to Pizza Hut personally, but they are both fairly horrible. I can tolerate peas but not sweetcorn. Oh, and don’t say anything bad about pineapple on pizza - that’s the best bit.

While I am here allow me to vent. The guy in the Dominoes ad bugs the hell out of me for some reason. Just because he is the Dominoes top manager type person here in Taiwan how come he is in all their ads? He looks like such a geek! I’m annoyed. Why am I so annoyed? ARRGGGH!
Ok, I feel better now.

Personally I think all Dominoes pizza stinks whether it’s hear in Taiwan or back home in Canada.

There is nice place near our house in Hsinchu that serves a reasonably tasty pan of Pizza – can’t for the life of remember the name of it though. But it is the best I have tasted in this area.

Domino, Pizza Hut or whatever they are called - they suck and don’t deserve to be called “Pizza”.

Check out the Pizza thread in this forum for some advise where to find real good Pizza (Cosi o Cosi still my fav).

I try to avoid Dominos as it is part of Mormon, Inc., and I am not a real big fan of that organization.
The guy that runs the chain here is certainly making lots of dough, (no pun intended), but his ads simply perpetuate stereotypes.

Does anyone know of a decent delivery alternative to Pizza Slut/Criminoes?

Chicago Pizza’s not too bad… The one I know of is 27072121. I think the owner speaks decent English. As you’re traveling north on JianGuo S. Rd, take a right at the last alley BEFORE XinYi Rd; you’ll see it right there. It’s comparitive to Domino’s pricewise, but is a better pizza in my opinion.

There’s also Round Table…

Flicka wrote, “I try to avoid Dominos as it is part of Mormon, Inc., and I am not a real big fan of that organization.”

Right on Flicka! I have long boycotted Dominos for that same reason. . . except that it is Catholic, Inc not Mormon, Inc. The founder of Dominos, Tom Monaghan, is a conservative Catholic billionaire who donates heavily to right wing extremist causes. He founded an anti-gay newspaper and radio station, more than a half dozen catholic schools including his Ave Maria Law School that he labeled the “West Point for Catholic education” and he hopes will be a training ground for conservative Catholic judges, and he contributes heavily to anti-choice politicians.

Monaghan sold his shares of Dominos in 1998, but Dominos should still be boycotted on the grounds that their pizza sucks.

So when will Taiwan get Domino’s latest abomination?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkEc67m_jvM

I thought for sure that must be a spoof product when I saw the video, but it’s not. It’s really on Domino’s website too.

Good Lord in Heaven, I do believe it’s about time for another Deluge.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]So when will Taiwan get Domino’s latest abomination?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkEc67m_jvM

I thought for sure that must be a spoof product when I saw the video, but it’s not. It’s really on Domino’s website too.

Good Lord in Heaven, I do believe it’s about time for another Deluge.[/quote]
I can’t imagine it would taste good. I like the apple cinnamon pizza they had a Pizza hut, but this sounds so strange. I will give it a try.

The Oreo one? Nah, it will be replaced by the Strawberry / peanut butter / dry pork skin combo here . (topping of multi color mice like they put on the bamboo will be + 10NTD)

How come they don’t sell pizza fresh ready at the door or by the slice or something? Seems like a no brainer walk-by business to maybe just have two options available for walking like pepperoni and cheese.

Not sure, Domino’s dough is made centrally and frozen, and doesn’t keep that well after it’s cooked. Curls up like the toes under the house in Wizard of Oz, so I don’t think i’d go for it.

Because nobody wants to eat that crap? :thinking:

2 Likes

still prefer it to pizza hut. If I need to die of one of them, I choose Domino’s. Pizza hut is utterly gross.

Many nice Italian Pizza joints in town, and tbh they don’t cost much more than those shite pies.

I think Domino’s is worse, but it’s not like it’s a contest… :sweat_smile:

1 Like