Donovans Coffee a new Irish coffee shop on the Danshui River (CLOSED)

I just want to let everybody know that there is a brand new Irish coffee shop along the Danshui riverside called Donovans coffee. THe Owner’s name is Tim Donovan and he is in fact Irish. They are located along the Danshui riverside walkway by the Danshui MRT station. It is a second floor place so when you are looking for it look up to see the big "Donovans Coffee"sign in yellow and green. Tim has put a great deal of work into making the place very cozy and he has done a great job in doing so. It’s dimly lit and has a nice patio with a great view of the Danshui river. The walls have been completely redone in an Irish style with wood and plaster and it looks great. Also he serves a great Irish coffee that helps keep you nice and warm inside. On top of all of this he and his wife are both very polite and very courteous so its a nice place to visit. So if you’re in the mood for a nice private cup of coffee with a riverside view, head over to Danshui and pay Donovans a visit for “a little piece of Ireland by the Danshui riverside.” Their website (coffee@donovans.com.tw. I recommend the Irish coffee.

when you say irish coffee…do you mean coffee with whiskey in it? just curious…

Yes, sorry i forgot to mention the Irish coffee has whisky in it. It was my first one and it was great.

[quote=“Eddy_Burrito”]Yes, sorry I forgot to mention the Irish coffee has whisky in it. It was my first one and it was great.[/quote]Rule of thumb: if it says Irish in front of it, it’s got whiskey in it.

Wait…

you can get coffee withOUT whiskey in it?

[quote=“irishstu”]Wait…

you can get coffee withOUT whiskey in it?[/quote]

very droll stu, very droll…do they have a one-armed waiter at all?

I can’t wait til the weather warms up so I can go out there and get some. I want to try the burrito too. But I’ve always found that mexican food and coffee don’t mix too well.

Perfect, it’s a cold yucky day today, and a friend and I have to go to the university to do some stuff. I’m sure we’ll need that coffee afterwards, and hopefully I can talk her into waiting until Eddy’s place is open before having lunch. I can mix coffee and Mexican food with no problem at all. :slight_smile:

Hi Everyone!
I’m Tim from Donovans Coffee in Tanshui and would first like to say a big 'Thank You" to Eddy for posting us on here. Eddy and his lovely wife are two of the nicest people we know. Your visit to Tanshui won’t be complete without dropping by his place.

Donovans Coffee - well, we’re a small, humble establishment at present - still in the process of getting it to how we want it to look. So please try not to see the yet-to-be-filled holes in the ceiling etc. if you visit us! We’ll try to make up for it by giving you a warm welcome and yes, a drop of Irish in your Irish coffee to warm your heart! As Eddy mentioned, our website (donovans.com.tw ) isn’t updated yet. I’ll try to do it as soon as we get a chance. I have put a map on there so you know where to find us when you get off the MRT. We’re just 2 or 3 minutes walk from there. We’re open every day except Tuesday (our day off) from 11 am to 9 pm - 10 pm on the weekends.
Our address is:
No. 10-1, 2nd. Floor
Lane 56 Gong-ming Street.
Tel: 2625-6234

We look forward to seeing you here -

CÉAD MÍLE FÁILTE!

I really enjoyed the Irish coffee I had there on Wednesday! I’ll be sure to tell my friends to give you a try. But I think you’d better buy some more glasses in the near future. :wink:

And I did go have a quesadilla after the coffee, ha.

I just want to say that I was out there yesterday and I can certainly recommend it.
Tim produces excellent Irish Coffee and his wife makes great sandwiches. The view from the balcony is great and the chat with Tim was even better!!

I will certainly be back!!

I wonder how much they charge for this wonderful coffee? Sometimes I go to Chili’s and get the coffee with Bailey’s in it. It’s around 300NT I think. Kind of steep, but I like it.

It was only 90NT for a glass of Irish Coffee, very reasonable.

That’s very reasonable. Thank you.

All the Best with the new venture, Tim! I’ll be out there in the next week or so for a tipple :slight_smile:

[quote=“MickH”]I just want to say that I was out there yesterday and I can certainly recommend it.
Tim produces excellent Irish Coffee and his wife makes great sandwiches. The view from the balcony is great and the chat with Tim was even better!!

I will certainly be back!![/quote]

Thank you for the kind words! It was a pleasure having you visit and talking with you too. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Tim

Congrats and I hope you become an Irish Coffee sensation like BUENA VISTA CAFE at Pier 39 in SAn francisco. They charge 8 bucks for an Irish Coffee and are standing room only most times!! Making tons of dough. They put a healthy shot of irish whiskey and one sugar cube in a 200cc glass and fill with hot steaming cofffeee (you can watch em make it if you sit at the counter) at the Buena Vista. Top off with fresh cream. Works like a charm.

Wishing you much success !!!

Are you from Northern Dan Shui or Southern Dan Shui?

[quote=“500CBFan”]I really enjoyed the Irish coffee I had there on Wednesday! I’ll be sure to tell my friends to give you a try. But I think you’d better buy some more glasses in the near future. :wink:

And I did go have a quesadilla after the coffee, ha.[/quote]

Thanks for dropping by and yes, we do have some more glasses now!

Tim@Donovans Coffee

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you.
Tim@Donovans Coffee