Don't believe the KMT about the economy

Or if the currency devalued.
You need to retake Economics 101.

Besides their projection for 2018 was 24,337.

There is no projection. 2018 already happened.

It’s here:
http://statdb.dgbas.gov.tw/pxweb/dialog/statfile1L.asp

Their projection in 2017 for 2018. Isn’t it obvious?

They are putting on free buses back south for most Taipei university students.

3 Likes

Who the hell looks at projections from 2017 for 2018 when we have actual numbers?

Just saying…gain stated:

“Besides their projection for 2018 was 24,337.”

I am the last person to get all grammar nazi, but was is past tense. So it is perfectly fine to talk about previous times’ projections when adding was/were etc.

That all said. Taiwans biggest issue has always been efficiency, long term planning and racism/sexism. When those are worked out in the industrial mayhem, there is so much money here and so little land that it cant not work.

How many countries actually go to thse levels to get people to vote. The international community should be praising taiwan and instead its a constant fight over whether we belong to china or not. Mind numbingly frustrating.

1 Like

It’s good I think yes. And they never know who they will vote for in the booth so it’s fair. Some uni students are genuinely very short on money.

Yeah but why do we care about projections for 2018 when the 2018 data is already in? He either doesn’t know how to look up numbers, brings up irrelevant indicators just to gaslight, or is smoking crack.

That figure he gave for 2019 was actually a forecast for 2020. Like I said, if he was accurate then the economy grew 12.5% in a year.

Well they don’t really have to because they usually can vote by post or proxy.

2 Likes

Was going to say this. Taiwan is already doing oodles better than the states in terms of encouraging voter turnout, holding elections on a day when most people are off work anyway, busing the kiddos home for free…it’s good!

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter. You were defending a 12.5% annual growth rate with a load of nonsense.

Good night everyone! Way past bedtime in the USA.

They also go to lots of effort to stop us voting.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yup , well I’m hoping to get included next time, I’ve noticed a legal loophole in the 2 nationality law but I won’t post that online until I manage it. If I manage it. :sunglasses:

You mean you have two foreign nationalities and you just ditch one ? :sunglasses:

I’ll mail you when I’ve figured it. Not sure about this idea I have. :+1:

1 Like

Valid point. They dont always, but some do. To be fair, getting rib of this old chinese styled household registration would be adventageous. Then allowing voters to vote from abroad would be a millions times easier.

Actually no. There’d be too many ways to cheat if voting by post is allowed.

If you want KMT to rule forever then sure.

1 Like