Doorstepped by the Immigration Agency

You underestimate the vindictiveness that some people can reach. The fact they went into your bedroom and took photos and asked about your inlaws tells me you’ve been reported for a sham marriage. They used the assault as their excuse. Lawyer up.

2 Likes

Forgive us for thinking that’s what you said as, well, that’s what you said. :neutral_face:

Guy

1 Like

You’ve heard of hyperbole?
But if they tried to push in words would get used.

2 Likes

Judging by the parts you quoted (i.e., the gleeful parts :slight_smile: ), I think I can understand why you characterized the thing the way you did. Still, it’s a little too close to this territory for me:

But I think I understand. I’m not above seeing things that way myself sometimes.

1 Like

A run-in with a neighbor who was blocking a path. Asked him to move and it escaltes. I was sarcastic, for sure. He threatens to call the police. Im confused, why? Nothing has happened.

The next day i find out he complained to building security saying i was illegally in Taiwan. My landlord came by and i had to prove i had an ARC.

This wasn’t even an encounter. Uncle was mad that i asked him to move out of the way.

8 Likes

So I told this story to my wife, who, let’s just say, knows people who do things. She thinks the guy who assaulted OP was probably hired by your former boss. It’s illegal for immigration to do what they did today. Probably was not a real immigration rep. If they were, they are also on the payroll. All of this is probably being orchestrated by the ex-boss. Taiwanese can be very vindictive.

That’s all straight from her mouth. Good luck. But there’s too much going on in all these situations you have for them to not be related.

8 Likes

Why do people always think it is a big conspiracy with gangsters? Not everyone knows gangsters and even if they do, they don’t work for free.

It was a real immigration guy. Someone made a complaint. He asked if he could come in. The OP said ok. He asked to take pics. The OP said ok. If he didn’t let him in, maybe they would come back another time with proper paperwork and the police.

3 Likes

I agree ita likely they filed a complaint saying an illegal marriage blah blah. Just some petty bullshit.

6 Likes

Because this situation obviously stinks so bad. Do you think you could just rock up to Immigration, make a complaint, and agents would rush to the house in question to investigate?

6 Likes

Yeah I just talked with mine. She said the same. Even said it was illegal for immigration to turn up without the police. Plus the whole “what time on a Friday night” they turned up. I’d be asking for the guys supervisor contact so I could call them and confirm everything is above board.

5 Likes

So you think that the ex boss hiring people to assault him and paying fake or real immigration officials to visit him is more likely?

It stinks that you are able to use immigration officials in this way but the ex boss being a criminal mastermind is laughable

Why did she wait this long? She has half of Gotham on her payroll

1 Like

I think there’s plenty of reason to wonder about exactly what’s going on here.

This isn’t Kansas, you know.

4 Likes

It sucks that immigration officials would come out.

I know this stuff happens though. People using different official departments to attack people.

My wife’s family had a lot of inspections at their house because neighbors accused them of running a business from there.

Saying they smelled weird stuff.

The inspectors kept coming.

Then they got inspected because they added an extra floor on their house.

The officials were always apologetic but said they had to come. People came saying they were making noise late at night.

What was crazy was they only cared about our third floor when the whole street had built one. We were the only ones who they got a phone call about.

3 Likes

It could just be a random thing, but it’s odd under the circumstances. I wouldn’t let them in personally, and go to Immigration with my wife the next day.

6 Likes

But it’s the first time many people here have heard of it. It seems out of character for TW.

3 Likes

It doesn’t have to be gangsters or affiliated mob. It could just be a hired friend. And someone the ex-boss would rather pay than OP. It’s about understanding how Taiwan works and that this is not out of the ordinary here for those things to happen. There’s too much going on in this dude’s life for it to all just be a coincidence that it’s at the same time.

Edit: Also, these are Taiwanese saying it now. Our wives. Locals. Not just foreigners with big imaginations and too much time on our hands.

8 Likes

I’ve been in Taiwan a while and I’ve even got a Taiwanese wife too. She said to lay off the Peaky Blinders.

To be honest, I hope it is a paid friend. I’d rather that than know that Taiwanese officials are so willing to enter bedrooms to take pictures.

They were probably real immigration officials. But they probably also moonlight as PI’s.

And if you’d followed the series of events you’d know there’s a decent amount of coin involved as well as asset freeze orders placed on the ex boss’s property.

No. The connection with the guy who assaulted me stretches back a decade before I worked at that place, he was the son of the landlord where my in-laws lived.

2 Likes

There’s enough imagination on this thread to create some cracking psychological thrillers.

3 Likes