Driving recklessly without license plate

What to do in case you are driving and found someone driving recklessly without a license plate?

Screenshot_1

link for video

this guy certainly will hurt someone else one day.
thank you in advance.

Go to some police station. Probably they won’t do shit, but who knows.

Since there’s no plate, it’ll be much harder to track the driver down. However, if cops really want to catch the guy. They have street cams.

Give what evidence you have to the police and hope they do their job.

1 Like

What can you do?

Give him (or her) a wide berth, slow down until they disappear in the distance, and hope you don’t share the road with him (or her) again.

Or you can go to the police and tell them you saw a red car without a license plate driving recklessly, which will sadly achieve absolutely nothing. Because there’s nothing to identify him, he can’t be caught unless it’s in the act by law enforcement.

2 Likes

If that’s where I think it is I’m pretty sure there’s a Ford dealership quite close, probably out on a test drive.

1 Like

The elevated road from Sanchung to Minquan (I think) road?

it was on jianguo express way, you are almost right, i believe it was between Xinyi - Heping exit ramp.

added video to this link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YvdiYQgs_GJ_tpKVp0Ncb1XQ89iwI_bt

ps. how to display it directly? should i post it on YT?

Funny way to spell Ford Mustang.

https://goo.gl/maps/7yq65spAtc32

This is the dealership, it’s really easy to hop on Jianguo in that direction…

Actually, after watching the video, I see nothing wrong. You were going below the speed limit, he/she was a bit above it when he/she passed you. Nothing I would call “driving recklessly”, especially compared to other, normal, everyday driving around here. :2cents:

1 Like

they need to legalise the use rocket launchers in taiwan. for these speeding sports car dick heads and for people who think its ok to park in the middle of a crossing. its the best solution i can think of.

well, ignoring speed limit, or driving way too fast is a reckless though, but I get your point about “everyday driving” here, thank God I don’t drive regularly, hence my annoyance.

if the dealer does it regularly, then it’s a good a way to get out of the business, or is it the norm for dealer to test drive a car without plate like that?

Meh, I just watched it… today or yesterday (don’t remember) I saw a car doing this but 100 times worse. And it had a plate on it.

New to Taiwan? its roads are full of idiots.

The main reason of my concern because of no license plate, I believe if someone has done it, like you said, 100x worse, someone could report him easily.

I just intalled dashcam in my car, that’s the reason I am asking, if everyone thinks this is just ‘meh’, then I wouldn’t bother to take it any further.

Actually I’d like to encourage you to do something even if chances of getting the police doing something about it are slim. As @ranlee said there are cameras.

I’m super fed up with traffic here, I guess that what I wanted to let you know is that what you saw is not unusual except for the plate thing.

2 Likes

Hums asked:
“What to do in case you are driving and found someone driving recklessly without a license plate?” answer : Avoid him/her and mind your own business

If driving like an asshole were a crime, everybody would be in jail and the roads would be completely empty.

The emergency room at the hospital too.