Drug Bust at Spring Scream

Today’s Taipei Times says 13 people attending this festival were arrested on drug charges.

How many do you think are Canadian? :smiling_imp:

Link here
There isn’t even anything to indicate they are foreigners.
Just “people”.

The odd bit of that os this comment by the good plod Hung: [quote]“Hung said that because the festival is notorious for drug use and sexual assaults”[/quote].

Really? Maybe a few dope fiends, but sexual assaults? Never heard that one before. Almost a little funny given the chap’s given name - Chun Mu (spring wood). Is he a local? You don’t suppose his mum attended the first Spring Scream by any chance?

HG

Is it bad that apon reading this, my first thought was a hope that my ex is one of them?

as usual the media fails to make the distinction between spring scream proper and the dance events these arrests were made at; spring scream has no history of sexual assualt or drug busts whatsoever and the numbers at the scream itself pale in comparison to the huge numbers at the “spring wave” which is what this article really refers to…

despite what every media type tries to imply there is no “umbrella” festival run by foreigners that tries to corrupt the innocent youf of taiwan…

the rave culture in taiwan is indigenous and bugger all to do with foreigners canadian or otherwise…

Retracted post.
Article has no mention of foreigners.
Just Hungs weird statements about:

[quote] Hung said that because the festival is notorious for drug use and sexual assaults, more than 200 police have been monitoring the event on a daily basis.

Police set up check points on main roads and searched people’s bags before they attended the parties.

Hung said that as of yesterday, no sexual assaults or violent altercations had been reported.

To date there had been less crime than usual at this year’s event, Hung added.[/quote]

My view is that it was locals that were busted. There is no doubt in my mind, that if they were foreigners it would be a front page, Foreign English Teachers Arrested with Drugs and then go on to say how bad we are blah blah blah.

[quote=“Chewycorns”]Today’s Taipei Times says 13 people attending this festival were arrested on drug charges.

How many do you think are Canadian? :smiling_imp:[/quote]

ha hah ha.
:raspberry:

[quote=“Chewycorns”]Today’s Taipei Times says 13 people attending this festival were arrested on drug charges.

Probably zero. You do know that lots of Taiwanese take drugs as well, mostly ecstasy and ketamine, right?

Does it help them pass exams?

HG

[quote=“alidarbac”][quote=“Chewycorns”]Today’s Taipei Times says 13 people attending this festival were arrested on drug charges.

Probably zero. You do know that lots of Taiwanese take drugs as well, mostly ecstasy and ketamine, right?[/quote]
That explains the driving then.

Wait a minute!! Nothing explains the driving!!! :astonished:

Here’s my fun story about our stay in Kenting this weekend.

Planned to go to the actual Spring Scream event, as a pp stated this is usually a very clean affair with live music, not electronic. Thinsg for the kids, booths etc.

Anyways stayed in Caeser and got woken up at 3:30 am by a party going on downstairs. Music blasting, people outside shouting etc. My husband asked very nicely if they could turn and the music down and beofre you now it we are being threatened.

Apparently it was very rude of us to ask them to be a little bit considerate of others. The conversation rapidly went downhill with them constantly calling our room screming that thye’ll beat us up in front of our children etc.

Finally after some I’ll call our gangsters and you call yours conversations things were sorted out ( same gangsters :astonished: :loco: )

What would have happened if we didn’t know them? We would have been beaten in front of our children? For asking to turn down the music? :fume:

Oh and to make it relevent to the thread title they were snorting coke on the patio for three days and smoking god knows what (not pot)

Sounds like a splendid, boutique hotel.

Probabkly ice (methamphetamine), which would explain the insanity. Absolutely vile stuff.

HG

Just got back from Kenting. The place was absolutely crawling with hot scantily-clad Taiwanese babes; I wouldn’t have minded performing a few body searches as my contribution to the war on drugs.
:sunglasses:

Hot, scantily-clad Taiwanese babes! All I can say is ‘where’s the pics?’ Not that I am a sex obsessed foreigner of course as the delightful Apple Daily would have everyone believe! :blush:

Hi,

I posted before on this forum last year but I changed my user name.

I just returned from Ken Ding and there was a kind of bust in our hotel (Caesar Hotel). at about 3 oclock in the morning.
Two foregners were arested in the coridor near our room and I saw it as I was retuning to my room.
But it was wierd because there were two other foregners who came to the hotel with the hotel staff to open the door where the foregners were staying. They looked like police or something but not Taiwanese. From what I can hear the one foregner was British or Australian and the other American. There were two Taiwanese police with them but in plain cloths. The two foregners went into the hotel room and there was shouting. A fight went into the coridor and one Taiwanese police man took out a gun and the fight stopped. I saw the two police foregners hold the other foregners against the wall to search them and then they were taken away.
I have been in Taiwan (Taibei) for 3 years but never seen any cooperation with police and foregners before.
I say they were like police because they were wearing professional army/police gear and had a bullet proof vest and police radios. The Taiwanese police were wearing bullet proof jacket’s under there coats and also had radios.
Does anyone else know about this bust. Was it drugs or something else?
I looked in the Taibei Times and China Post but I can’t find any information, and I can’t find information on TV.
I think the foregners who were taken away were from America or Canada.

Thank’s.

[quote=“fought”]Hi,

I have posted before on this forum last year but I changed my user name.

I have just returned from Ken Ding and there was a kind of bust in our hotel (Caesar Hotel). at about 3 oclock in the morning.
Two foregners were arested in the coridor near our room and I saw it as I was retuning to my room.
But it was wierd because there were two other foregners who came to the hotel with the hotel staff to open the door where the foregners were staying. They looked like police or something but not Taiwanese. From what I can hear the one foregner was British or Australian and the other American. There were two Taiwanese police with them but in plain cloths. The two foregners went into the hotel room and there was shouting. A fight went into the coridor and one Taiwanese police man took out a gun and the fight stopped. I saw the two police foregners hold the other foregners against the wall to search them and then they were taken away.
I have been in Taiwan (Taibei) for 3 years but never seen any cooperation with police and foregners before.
I say they were like police because they were wearing professional army/police gear and had a bullet proof vest and police radios. The Taiwanese police were wearing bullet proof jacket’s under there coats and also had radios.
I looked in the Taibei Times and China Post but I can’t find any information, and I can’t find information on TV.

Thank’s.[/quote]

Hey Hex…step up and be noticed…ha!

[quote=“fought”]Hi,

I have posted before on this forum last year but I changed my user name.

I have just returned from Ken Ding and there was a kind of bust in our hotel (Caesar Hotel). at about 3 oclock in the morning.

Thank’s.[/quote]

Wasn’t there a post in another thread about a joint Canadian-Taiwanese taskforce being established? Perhaps Taiwanese and Canadian cops were involved in the bust, and they were taking action against some low-life Canadians in Kenting. :bravo: Were they in Mountie uniforms? :smiley:
Considering the quality of the Canadian expat on this island, I would guess at least one of the two foreigners is Canadian. :smiling_imp: The other – probably South African :laughing:

This story seems to be much more hush-hush than the last one. I must admit though it is good to see them cracking down on the less desirables in Taiwan. With the recent visa crackdowns and the busts, maybe there will be a day when the majority of Canadians in Taiwan are semi-decent. :smiling_imp: