Drug Bust at Spring Scream

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Gingerman said:

How long have you been in Taiwan Gingerman? When do you stop scuppering around on egg shellls trying not to upset the locals and just relax and become one of the boys? Those locals are always such wondeful “guests” in the region, I note. Really, you should check out the way they swagger around the likes of Zhuhai or Nha Trang.

Sorry mate, not really picking on you, quiite a few people respond with this guest thing. I personally don’t get it.

HG[/quote]

Been here 8.7 years.
Scuppering (now, there’s a cool word!) on egg shells? Me?! Never…
This is how I see it. As a foreigner I try and act in Taiwan as I would want any other immigrant to act in my own country. That is to blend in, stay away from controversial activities, put the nose to the grindstone and work hard. Especially stay away from illegal activities, which only sharpen any underlying racism if any one member of an ethnic group or nationality is caught involved in something illegal, especially drugs. This is true in any nation, or indeed culture. The media, in any country, especially have a field day with this sort of thing. “Crazed (insert nationality here) Drug Fiends Corrupting Our Youth!”.

I guess I’d feel the same way if I was an honest, law abiding hard-working Vietnamese on the west coast of Canada, and I saw some of my fellow compatriots smoking dope out in the open. It can only lead to further negative stereotyping. In my own country, I would never even dream of smoking a pipe at a busy downtown intersection. If I did so as an immigrant, I would not only stand out more than the locals when I commited this offence, but I would be letting down the rest of my fellow- immigrants.

Now, in this country & culture, with its past history of xenophobia, social norms (by this I mean maintaining face, avoiding confrontation, and low tolerance for excessive indivdualism) and views on illegal drugs, anything negative a foreigner does will have repercussions all down the line. This goes for getting angry in traffic, standing in a queue, getting into loud drunken fistfights, dealing with Customer Service, chatting with one’s neighbors, etc.

Or smoking dope in plain view. Right in front of cameras. Outside a pub frequented by gansters, plain clothes and uniformed cops. Beside a series of night stands that serve families out for a late evening snack. Onandonand, on…In my view folks that do such a shortsighted deed are either dumb punks, or reckless amateurs. Dangerous, either way…

And if this sounds too self righteous, it may well be just that. I live in the same city where the event I described in my previous post took place, not more than 5 minutes away. It’s my neighborhood that’s being directly affected. And as a member of a quite visible minority (the lofty, towering one, i am 6’4’') in this small city, I will be the one that has to suffer any consequences of such a selfish, thoughtless action.

I can’t believe so few people were arrested. It should have been more. I don’t think the cops were doing a very good job.

How do I sign up for one of these “rat” jobs? Sounds like fun. Real cloak-and dagger stuff. Get paid to hang out with unsavory types and help kick them out of the country. Where do I sign up?

Why dont U tell me who they are? Its our right to know.if they are appointed then we have a right to know who they are.you will be doing a public service for foregners here by outing them becuase its not fair for foregners to be deported for no reason. Taiwan already has a bad system for foregners living here without our own kind adding to the problem.

Come on cannabis is not really a drug everybody does cannabis. i bet you smoke a toke every now and then. R U saying its right for my pals to be deported for using cannabis?

Yeah man you sign up. i will find these cops man and when i do there will be hell. I have connections in Taiwan with people in high places. I got loads of pals in the underground so trebuchet you go ahead make my day.

Can’t these people in ‘high’ places pay you to take some spelling course??? Or write English properly?

Cannabis is a drug…YES. If your friends were clean then they wouldn’t get deported. If they weren’t, then there is a REASON to deport them.

Teachers shouldn’t be stoned.

Why dont U tell me who they are? Its our right to know.if they are appointed then we have a right to know who they are.you will be doing a public service for foregners here by outing them becuase its not fair for foregners to be deported for no reason. Taiwan already has a bad system for foregners living here without our own kind adding to the problem.[/quote]

You have no right to know, this is Taiwan. Nobody is deported for no reason, there are very good at making sure the reason is valid.

Come on cannabis is not really a drug everybody does cannabis. i bet you smoke a toke every now and then. R U saying its right for my pals to be deported for using cannabis?[/quote]

If you look at the list of banned substances for Taiwan, Cannabis is on the list, therefore is a real drug.

Yeah man you sign up. I will find these cops man and when I do there will be hell. I have connections in Taiwan with people in high places. I got loads of pals in the underground so trebuchet you go ahead make my day.[/quote]

Fought, stop acting like at absolute prick, take your ultra liberalistic views back to where you come from, whichever cannabis smoking shithole that might be. It is people like you that deserve to be deported and give the remainder of the decent law abiding foreignors in this country a bad name.

What is wrong with my spelling? I only teach kindy so it doesnt matter that much.
If cannabis is a drug then why is it legal in holland and england?

Why dont U tell me who they are? Its our right to know.if they are appointed then we have a right to know who they are.you will be doing a public service for foregners here by outing them becuase its not fair for foregners to be deported for no reason. Taiwan already has a bad system for foregners living here without our own kind adding to the problem.[/quote]

Why is it our right to know who undercover cops are? Wouldn’t that kind of defeat the purpose?

Come on cannabis is not really a drug everybody does cannabis. i bet you smoke a toke every now and then. R U saying its right for my pals to be deported for using cannabis?
[/quote]

Cannabis is not a drug? Just because you think it’s a medicinal herb doesn’t legitimize it. And you lose. I do not smoke pot. Is it right for your friends to be deported for breaking the laws of this country? Yes.

[quote]
Yeah man you sign up. I will find these cops man and when I do there will be hell. I have connections in Taiwan with people in high places. I got loads of pals in the underground so trebuchet you go ahead make my day.[/quote]

I think you’re connection is TO people in high places. And if you have so many connections then why are you HERE asking around for information?

[quote]
Alright now!!
Won

Really? A good stoning of an errant teacher every now and again has to be good for public morale. :laughing:

Nicotine and alchohol are also drugs but legal in most of the world, what does that have to do with anything?

Great, and I imagine you only get stoned once in a while before class right?

[quote]
If cannabis is a drug then why is it legal in holland and England?[/quote][/quote]

If feeding people into meat grinders is “torture,” then why was it legal for Saddam to do it?

In keeping with the rules, your posts are truly idiotic. :raspberry:

OK so why in the newspapers there are reports when foregners get deported. Why is it so different this time i dont see why my pals got deported and there is no reason or nothing in the newspapers.

man you are below the belt. my views are my views and its none of your busniss where i am from. How do you know what i am like irl. maybe i am a very decent person who likes to be law abiding and never hurts any one. What I do in my own time is my busness not the cops or some low life rat squealer. I obey most of the laws here i dont steal or rape off of people. It jsut m,akes me angry there is no real justice man. [/quote]

Pretty much, THAT is the difference.

[quote=“fought”]What is wrong with my spelling? I only teach kindy so it doesnt matter that much.
If cannabis is a drug then why is it legal in holland and England?[/quote]

Legal in England? First I’ve heard.

Perhaps he is just stoned whilst posting. :laughing:

OK so why in the newspapers there are reports when foregners get deported. Why is it so different this time I don’t see why my pals got deported and there is no reason or nothing in the newspapers.[/quote]

Are you stupid or what, if there were no reporters or TV crews at the time when the bust happened, then who the hell is going to generate the reports, or are you volunteering, please do.

To be honest, i am very happy that it aint in the papaers etc, which would give the locals yet another reason to look down on the drug taking, child abusing person that all foreignors get labelled here primarily due to the actions of people like your friends.

man you are below the belt. my views are my views and its none of your busniss where I am from. How do you know what I am like irl. maybe I am a very decent person who likes to be law abiding and never hurts any one. What I do in my own time is my busness not the cops or some low life rat squealer. I obey most of the laws here I don’t steal or rape off of people. It jsut m,akes me angry there is no real justice man. [/quote]

Well you know what they say, the truth hurts, don’t it billy-boy.

What you do in your own time if it involves breaking the laws of this country does make it the business of the cops etc, do you have any concept of appropriate behaviour and the meaning of law and order. :astonished: :noway:

I agree. There are apparently still pot smoking illegal indergarten teachers out there. :rainbow:

from what you have written…this is what is wrong so far…

oclock = o’clock
foregners = foreigners
cloths =clothes
coridor =corridor
jacket’s =jackets
noone =no one or no-one
arested =arrested
now =know
there own kind =their own kind
taiwanny =Taiwanese
taiwan = Taiwan

You sound very, very, very far indeed from being “my kind.”

Its official…fought is having a laugh at you all :bravo:

Goodness gracious me! You DON’T say!!! :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

What he’s saying is: “HEY! Everybody! I’m a dumb prick! Look at me!” Yet he’s laughing at US?
Actually, that figures, too. :laughing: