Drug use in Taiwan 2021, an issue?

Mea culpa, I believed Carl Beech (while he was anonymous). Incredible the damage one person can do.

1 Like

Indeed. Some people just put career over sex.

Probably asexual. Still doesn’t matter.

I can picture you at a ktv giving old school KK english lessons haha

I think it’s time to move on from that

3 Likes

Oh give me a frikkin break… :roll_eyes:

Wait, now it makes sense…

Shame on the Taipei Times for printing this crap.

2 Likes

It’s a story with all the right hit points; Bad crowd, concerned mom, insurance money and foreign influence. The author is on the, '80s, ball, for sure.

1 Like

It is quite stupid to claim that this student died from smoking weed, but weed should stay illegal.

Had to be in combination with something else.

You can’t physically consume lethal dose of THC. It’s so high you’d die from something else before that.

The cultural conservatism of the deep greens is so evident. I am pro Taiwan and pro Japan but also pro lewd :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:, pro liquor (poker in the front, liquor in the rear), pro libertarian on drugs issues.

The deep greens certainly aren’t bohemian cultural elites.

2 Likes

It’s wrong to equate strict drug policy with conservatism. Not all countries take the Dutch approach to drugs and prostitution. Sweden for example bans both.

No. That just means these countries are conservative on those issues. If they were liberal on those issues, they would allow these things.

2 Likes

Care to explain your last point? Very curious to hear some well thought out points on the merrits of making cannabis illegal while (government) profiting off of nicotine and ethanol at the same time. Please do so without mention of black market related profits which are directly caused by the legal status of said species. I am not arguing, being sarcastic or baiting you. But please do explain your logic behind that statement.

1 Like

If all the taikes smoked weed instead of drinking and chewing binlang, Taiwan would be a much better place.

4 Likes

I saw a story of some Taiwanese who brought betel nuts to Turkey and got jailed for it. Turkey considers betel nuts to be narcotics.

Betel nuts are absolutely on the level of weed, ethanol and tobacco. Milder in effect, perhaps, if anything but not in economic costs (eg health care).

If they got jailed for betel nut there, maybe you can see why people think it is insane to jail people for weed here. Its rather hypocritical, regardless of economics.

1 Like

i’ll drink to that!

1 Like

Sure, me too. Unless we are in prohibition times or saudi Arabia where ethanol is an illegal substance. Thank god for TTL. Cheers! To government controlled taxation of things they claim are illicit but will take money to allow their acceptance over other things done by evil offshore goons that simply dont understand .our taxation policies.

For fun, people can look into the following that were/are controlled in similar ways.

Tobacco
Alcohol
Khat
Betel nut
Kratum
Kava
Coffee
Ephedra

And numerous others. Its politcal, not logical. Frankly, just straight retarded…or, at best, overtly greedy.

1 Like

i can understand the weed prohibition here, given that the terrible quality of the air is already causing so much lung damage…

1 Like