Drunk Driver Foreign Student

Hello Guys I have questions please help me. I was arrested 0.87 milligrams per liter (limit is 0.25 ) it is my first offence. I am foreign student here. Can you explain me penalty because there are different amount of penalties. Can I leave Taiwan without payment. I am student back my country and 1 month later come back here. Please guys do you know it help me. There was no accident any. Also I stopped at checkpoint. It was scooter 100cc

1 Like

I think you mean 0.087. 0.87 you’d be dead.

4 Likes

Yes I know I want now my penalty It was 0.87 around 6 beer

.87? Are you alive? Your penalty at .87 is death

Your penalty is to wait and find out I guess.
You roll the dice but sometimes you get two 1’s.

What is the unit.

If he’s talking about Taiwan, it ain’t BAC anyways, it’s BrAC, which is a whole other deal

A post was split to a new topic: .ibiswtf

It’s 0.87 promille! Which is 0.087, or 0.87‰

There was limit 0.25 Mine 0.87 bro

Must be mg/liter. I think the legal limit is 0.25?

If you would’ve been in accident with injuries the limit would have been 0.0‰

Criminal Code of the Republic of China

Article 185-3
A person who drives a motor vehicle in either of the following circumstances shall be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than two years, in addition thereto, a fine of not more than two hundred thousand NTD may be imposed:
1.the person’s breath alcohol content is of 0.25 milligrams per liter or more, or the person’s blood alcohol concentration is of 0.05% or more.
2. when circumstances other than those stipulated in the previous subparagraph appear to prove that the person has consumed alcohol or other similar substances that disable the person from driving safely.
3. when the person uses drugs, narcotics or other similar substances that disable the person from driving safely.
If the offense results in death, the offender shall be sentenced to imprisonment for not less than three years but less than ten years; if the offense results in serious physical injury, the offender shall be sentenced to imprisonment for not less than one year but less than seven years.

3 Likes

was this in taipei?

why were you stopped? 6 beers is a lot were you swerving all over the road or what?

Were you caught by driving a motor vehicle or bicycle?

1 Like

I’m guessing it all depends if the cops flagged this guys passport at exit control to stop him from leaving. I know the prosecution can do that and have done that in the past. For a simple DUI? I doubt it. But you won’t find out until you book a ticket if they let you out or not.

We can calculate from this that if 0.25 = 0.05 then 0.87 would be 0.18 BAC or so. In other words, @Andrei was smashed.

1 Like

I don’t think we have any real advice for him though, except hire a lawyer and expect a high fine.

No, I’m pretty sure he was just drunk.

1 Like

Shall we go for the comedy trifecta?