Dry January and Beyond (Ongoing Accountability group)

My favourite are magnetic.

1 Like

I was similar. I remember at Christmas I would sneak slugs of all the different types of booze in the back room. My mother drank heavily (Scotch and milk) throughout my childhood. My dad worked in an off license. He enabled her drinking by being her supplier. Alcohol was always in the house and nobody was watching us, cos my mum (who was a teacher) was always pissed and my dad worked till ten pm. I raised my younger sister myself. I saw alcohol as the thing you drank when you wanted to ‘escape.’ My birth has also always been cited as the cause of my mothers alcohol and mental health problems. Thanks!
So I pretty much became a parent to my sister, had other peoples problems blamed on me just breathing, and was modelled alcohol as a coping mechanism.
It’s little wonder I grew into a childless teacher with alcohol problems. I became my mother. Young little Superking didn’t stand much of a chance.

49 year old Superking has seen his mother start drinking again, after she quit for about thirty years, to cope with her sister getting dementia. It is happening again. My mother is turning into a drunk. My dad is enabling her. My sister moved 200 miles away to raise a family. And they are all looking to me to be the grown up.

Well, I aint going out like that. I quit teaching almost two years ago. My parents behaviour is their business. And I ain’t drinking a drop to numb myself through it.

That was cathartic.

8 Likes

I will not drink alcohol today.

5 Likes

Let it all out! I know the things I’ve revealed in this thread have made me feel better.

2 Likes

I once shat myself in an elevator

4 Likes

26 posts were split to a new topic: Weight and Diet and Exercise

Did it happen in Singapore on those long elevator rides?

1 Like

This is the best thing I’ve read for ages. A former GF of mine honked red wine all over the foyer of a Hilton in Taipei.

No sex that night.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Today it was coffee and cinnamon roll for me. :coffee:

4 Likes

I’ve had 1 bottle of beer in the past 2 weeks. I was a bit disappointed that there was zero buzz, really the only effect that it had was make me think about going out for more.

Almost stopped for beers last night after dinner. I left it up to the lights (like, if the traffic lights near my place are red I will stop at Simple Mart, if green go through and home). The lights decided, no beer

Ended up staying up late doing grading, but had an early class. When the alarm went off I sat up, and was surprised to feel ready to get up immediately. I think if I’d had a few beers, even without an obvious hangover, I would have had a tougher start to the day

5 Likes

If you read the William Porter book, ‘alcohol explained,’ it tells you what your brain does when it receives a dose of ethanol.

2 Likes

Yeah, that whole bouncing out of bed thing is wild. Just happened to me this morning, and I really would prefer not going to work, so that can’t be it. lol

3 Likes

Great success! The streak continues!

3 Likes

I forgot to say… I will not drink alcohol today.

3 Likes

Hit 186lbs today. wutwut

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Freedom From Carbs Thread (Ongoing Accountability Group)

4 Likes

Want to be dry of carbs? This thread has it all!