Dry January and Beyond (Ongoing Accountability group)

And the anti accountability thread thread

1 Like

I’ll start. I didn’t feed wild cats today!

I also didn’t drink today. double win!

I did eat 2 pizzas though :shushing_face:

3 Likes

You monster!

Kidding

I certainly do have the pig gene :boar:

1 Like

I had a chance to meet up with friends before a concert this weekend. They suggested meeting up at a bar for drinks beforehand and I said nah, I’m not drinking.

People now ask me if I’m still not drinking. I say yes and they congratulate me. I’m not sure why.

5 Likes

Sounds like simple respect. it is nice having friends with that level of basic respect that dont push and just accept the answer :slight_smile:

3 Likes

True. They’re good people. I’m not usually comfortable accepting compliments or complaints for that matter, but I digress.

3 Likes

those are both admirable.

so why is such an amazing person suchas yourself being so judgemental about others?

sarcasm based joke about compliment/complaint disclaimer

1 Like

:clap:

That took me a minute. Ha

1 Like

had to put the disclaimer, for sure will be taken the wrong way :innocent:

genuinely, admirable. I like people that hate compliments.

1 Like

Well, that’s nice. For me it’s a long lasting symptom of persistent low self esteem.

Glass half full reads that as: Not arrogant. :+1: need a nickelback tune to cheer you up?

Never heard of them.

Some may read that as not arrogant, but really it’s just a side effect of a violent and unstable childhood. :laughing: nothing to cheer aboot.

But I thought they were big with the urban youths… :thinking:

I see lots of bands on shirts. Never seen these guys save for memes.

1 Like

I will not drink alcohol today.

6 Likes

This is day 60 for me. So proud of myself for reaching this goal. I plan to continue. I see more negatives than positive, and so it’s an easy decision. This (the ease of it all) is also because my desire to drink has diminished considerably. It’s just not that difficult anymore to forgo alcohol in the evenings. There have been benefits. More on that some other time.

8 Likes

I regret bringing it up.

Oddly, maybe due to the memes, I still have never heard their music.