Dry January and Beyond (Ongoing Accountability group)

That’s gonna be my challenge with social drinking, which I’m not trying to cut out, at least for now – but I typically have a couple more when I get home from the night out (however late it is), and that needs to stop.

2 Likes

Last beer on Christmas Eve. Coasting easily through until Easter Sunday. Then, maybe a beer or 2. I’ll be repeating this yearly, for 3+ months of a dry spell. Maybe even go to June this year or next. Everyone (most everyone) doing good, from what I read here.

4 Likes

Sure, but less is more, right?

None is even better!

2 Likes

Can’t argue with that!

Day four, I will not drink alcohol today. It’s too early to really evaluate the effects, but one obvious direct one is that I’m going to bed (much) earlier, because I don’t have the cycle of “I have a beer to finish so I’ll watch a video” → “I have a video to finish so I’ll open another beer”, which can otherwise recurse indefinitely.

6 Likes

I feel great today. Woke before the alarm and was thrilled I didn’t have to waste time sleeping.

A good nights sleep was the early reward. Now it seems to be bouncing out of bed happy to be alive. All without alcohol or jaysus. :banana:

4 Likes

I will not drink alcohol today

3 Likes

I will turn worms.

3 Likes

Today I didn’t have a drink until 3 p.m.

2 Likes

And then you decided to spam this thread with inappropriate content.

Dunno why you got kudos either.

Because we have low expectations of that clown

5 Likes

I will not drink alcohol at home today. I will just have some water and go to bed, damnit!

2 Likes

Disclaimers?

No one is going to give you shit if you slip, B.

Chillax.

2 Likes

I had a social drinking exception to begin with, but drinking more when I get home – which I typically do – would be slipping. So it’s a modest goal today.

5 Likes

We’re all doing what we can. Baby steps.

2 Likes

I thought clowns just drank seltzer water…

2 Likes

I hear that. Accountability thread and all. Moderation is a part of accountability.

Not a sobriety thread. We can start a self-flagellation thread somewhere else if needed, I suppose.

How did you feel making it to 3PM?

To be fair you did declare that you relapsed (possibly not the right word) yourself in this thread.