Dry January and Beyond (Ongoing Accountability group)

I can’t stand Rodriguez.

1 Like

God knows what that means. Still in the stone age and haven’t gone metric yet?

1 Like

It means 410, for the elder US die hards. Dont judge, losing weight is a good thing :slight_smile:

:face_with_monocle:

Metric is on the horizon.

Easy as…

stick with it, counting by 10s gets easier with time.

I will not drink alcohol today

2 Likes

I, too, will not drink alcohol today. I feel pretty silly posting it here every day, but it does seem to help – each evening I imagine having to admit that I had a pointless beer, and don’t even feel tempted.

7 Likes

You are posting it for yourself. And you are possibly inspiring someone else. And you are keeping yourself accountable to your decision.

Post away! And well done @Brendon :fire:

5 Likes

I will not have alcohol for the next 35 days or so until I reach the 100 day mark. I’ll do this.

7 Likes

I feel so much better without alcohol in my life. Just incredibly different.

I’m still a moany old c@nt though, that’s not changed.

5 Likes

I feel it is still pretty motivating to say it out loud to other people. even if online. it creates a sense of accountability that is measurable and helps us hold to things better. Sometimes the things that seem the silliest are the most effective. Keep it up :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Boss move.

3 Likes

Had to skip breakfast today due to a tooth extraction, and weighed in at 184.4pounds, about 83kg.

Actually thought about having a beer when I get below 180 then thought that’s stoopid.

5 Likes

That devil on your shoulder. He’s a dick. Don’t listen to him.

2 Likes

I broke down the other day at a social gathering. I want to have a couple too much at those to not do it. One-for-month will not be too bad though!

1 Like

The thing for me is, and this is me coming down off the tooth extraction drugs, is that I feel just fine without it. I am 100% certain that if I have one or two beers, IPAs mind you, 7+%, I WILL feel that in the morning. And then what? Back to the “Why do I do this to myself?”

Unless they tie me to a rocket, there’s not a whole lot of new experiences for me to do while drunk. I want to be over it. I hope I am am over it.

2 Likes

One or two won’t give me any noticeable ill effects. Those two can very easily lead to more however. I did stave that off the other day :slight_smile: That is a major victory in my book and a solid goal. The point being I actually enjoy it in a social setting, within that kind of limit. Avoiding sitting around at home tying one on seems like a good thing to avoid though, for me

3 Likes

1 is good
2 is great
3 is not enough

3 Likes

I have no off switch. I haven’t had more than four beers in a 24 hour period in a decade because of that marvelous genetic advantage. Nope nope nope.

And hope we can not make this the how many beers can you drink and stay in-bounds thread. :ok_hand:

3 Likes