Dry January and Beyond (Ongoing Accountability group)

What has worked? Binge drinking to get all the alcohol out of the house?

It’s gone was taken away!

1 Like

Not having half full (or full) bottles of alcohol in the house and.having loads of variety of other drinks convenient and ready. Drink loads of non alcoholic drinks so drinking alcohol loses appeal.

I probably didn’t realize some people have a lot in their house in the reply, sorry. but my reply was to a half bottle of jameson. he/she is probably similar to me, maybe only 1 or 2 bottles around and new stuff doesnt usually get bought til those are gone. If someone has a lot in house, giving it away instead of drinking it all up seems a more logical route :slight_smile:

Dude, it’s a one month cleanse. If you can’t swing that without drinking your stash to defeat temptation or giving it away then you need an intervention. Lol

1 Like

Perhaps, we dont know them. Or at least I dont know them. Let the folks know that when they are expressing themselves about their half bottle they keep looking at :slight_smile:

Taking away temptation and discussing tricks ain’t a bad thing for some :wink:

1 Like

This is true. Years ago, I quit for 30 days. I used to walk into 7-11 and see all the beers and whiskey and whatnot. I tried to not see it but alcohol in Taiwan is ubiquitous really, so instead, when I saw alcohol I simply reminded myself that I don’t drink.

That’s it. A gentle nudge if anything. That 30 days turned into 3 years iirc.

3 Likes

Respect to you guys. I just can’t do it. I’m pathetic and weak.

2 Likes

Don’t forget old. You’re old, too. Didn’t you quit smoking? That’s good enough, I’d say.

That’s the spirit.

On to day four. Well done everyone.

6 Likes

I’ve been ill and my weight is down a bit, but cutting out the sugar in ma beer is going to put me under 190lbs for sure. Hanging at 190.2 today, post breakfast.

1 Like

Wow, barely noticed that four days had already slipped by. Pretty painless so far.

2 Likes

an easy goal for @rooftopclown and others

5 Likes

I think it could be the contrary as long as you don’t totally mess up your stomach. At least with wine.

Fell off the wagon tonight guys (well, not really, as I wasn’t committedly on the wagon, and I was intending to come off it on Saturday anyway for an event). Please go on without me. :grin:

Toy Soldiers GIFfrom Toy GIFs

2 Likes

1 Like

I’m ok I regularly go 4-5 days without a drink - then binge drink U.K. stylee for 2 days.
Going away for weekend 2 nights with gf she’ll keep me of the beer so should be ok.
Going to miss a beer nap after long bike ride, no beer no nap, post activity sedative.

2 Likes

On to day five. Well done to those still going. I think there’s five or six of us.

6 Likes

So dry I feel slightly parched. Think I’ll have another coffee. :coffee:

2 Likes

I’m in too. Gotta say, psychologically…bored as all f*ck. God people are lame when not intoxicated.

2 Likes