Dumbest thing a foreigner has said about Taiwan?

There’s nothing dumb about loving cheap beer!

5 Likes

Even Taiwanese seem to prefer Heineken… which I’m not sure is any better.

The Taiwan Beer label saying it won some Gold Award for excellence always puzzled me though.

I do think Taiwan Beer tastes slightly better that Budweiser…slightly.

2 Likes

His wife might have had a bigger one.

Chapel Hill sure ain’t Southern. :laughing:

I would have ordered him to make me a coffee and told his superiors to get him to teach the kids the US, Japanese and Taiwan national anthems.

:scream::cold_face::exploding_head:

Though I must say the Kavalan brewery tour is amazing. Much better than the A-B in STL

1 Like

How was she built?

@DrewC i love the sasauge in sasauge! theres a great one that lurks around ximending.

I love taiwan beer too! just not the original recipe one.

1 Like

To me, it’s okay. But nothing to write home about. My first night in Taiwan, I went to a night market and I liked my first Gua bao a lot better than the sausage in a sausage. Gua baos are awesome imo.

In Brussels.

" Monde Selection is an annual non-competitive award open to food, drinks, and cosmetics products, created in 1961. It is run by the commercial company, International Institute for Quality Selections , Belgium. Consumer products are tasted and tested in order to grant them a quality label awarded by the " International Quality Institute “.”

What kind of drugs y’all doing in Brussels? I thought you had good beer in Belgium.

1 Like

I feel that the critics evaluating too rigorously would be quite damaging to the business model of the company awarding the prize…

3 Likes

You pay, you get a ‘quality label’! It’s just marketing, ‘medals’ always look good.

They no doubt used the money they got paid to buy some decent Belgian beers.

7 Likes

Have you guys even seen Stupid S my Taiwn gf says.

reading that makes me wonder…

can’t she do better?

1 Like

You don’t have to be smart to like it, but you’d have to be stupid not to!

3 Likes

I like to assume it was the same way Pabst got its Blue Ribbon.

3 Likes

Didn’t you bring up the Confederacy? :roll_eyes: You bring it up, be prepared to discuss.

My wife has believes the same or similar things. I remember going through these with her in as they came in 2011. Maybe I misread the topic haha

1 Like