Dunkin' Donuts

I don’t get it. we’re going to have Dunkie’s here on the rock, but my sister out in Colorado doesn’t have one? She’s always saying how much she misses it whenever she goes back to Mass. for the holidays.

Hmmmmm…

A “sugarless” donut. Isn’t that called a BAGEL??? :s

Reminds me of my first bite into a Mr.Donut Donut…complete and absolute disapointment. :frowning:
Take the sugar out of the donut and you kill the entire concept of a donut. And that sponge cake crap Mr. Donut calls a Donut is no Donut at all. Where are the Apple Fritters, Bear Claws, Cinamon Twists, Maple Bars, and Buttermilks??? Damn it! :fume:

Well, I guess its retrobution…revenge on us for americanizing their food…Panda Express anyone?

Despite appearances, I have never eaten a donut.

That’s…that’s so deprived!!! You don’t know whatcha missing. Traditional donut and coffee… or honey glazed… or boston creme… butternut… :lovestruck: :lick:

You’ll never have a career in law enforcement.

Baskin-Robbins is back, it seems: taiwanfun.com/central/taichu … skin31.htm
Where is there Taipei store, though?

You forgot to add “Dairy Queen” to the list.

She should head over to Colorado Springs.

[quote]1 806 W Colorado Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80905, USA 719-593-7120
2 201 N CIRCLE DR, COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80909, USA 719-634-7877
3 630 E FILLMORE ST, COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80907, USA 719-635-8645
4 6660 Delmonico Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80919, USA 719-598-9064[/quote]
dunkindonuts.com/aboutus/st … esults=yes

But there don’t appear to be any in Denver, Boulder or other more livable parts of the state. I was curious, as my bro lives in Denver. I believe Dunkin Donuts is more concentrated in New England.

[quote=“Doctor Evil”][quote=“almondbiscuit”]
also, (bad news?) they are going lighter on the sugar in the donuts to suit “local” palates, as well as offering cakes.[/quote]

Within 3 months of their opening, I expect they’ll be featuring taro and red bean donuts.[/quote]

I hate “localization” of what should be classic, authentic recipes. :raspberry:

[quote=“Flicka”]Baskin-Robbins is back, it seems: taiwanfun.com/central/taichu … skin31.htm
Where is there Taipei store, though?[/quote]

There’s a Baskin-Robbins stand in the basement of the Global Mall, in Zhonghe (Zhongshan Road, just before you cross the border in to Banqiao). Never tried it though.

[quote=“Quarters”]Where are the Apple Fritters, Bear Claws, Cinamon Twists, Maple Bars, and Buttermilks??? Damn it! :fume:

Well, I guess its retrobution…revenge on us for americanizing their food…Panda Express anyone?[/quote]

Dunkin Donunts is pretty successful in Korea and I had an apple fritter there and it tasted good to me. I can’t wait to get a coffee-fritter combo in Taipei. Krispy Kreme is in Korea now, too.

[quote=“Paddy Joe”][quote=“Quarters”]Where are the Apple Fritters, Bear Claws, Cinamon Twists, Maple Bars, and Buttermilks??? Damn it! :fume:

Well, I guess its retrobution…revenge on us for americanizing their food…Panda Express anyone?[/quote]

Dunkin Donunts is pretty successful in Korea and I had an apple fritter there and it tasted good to me. I can’t wait to get a coffee-fritter combo in Taipei. Krispy Kreme is in Korea now, too.[/quote]

Krispy Kreme … what a let down. Everything tastes the exact same and is coated to the extreme in an overly sugary glaze. The first one you try will be ok, but after that its just too sweet. When they are hot or warm they are pretty good, but cool or room temp they are terrible.

For those of you that don’t know, havent been, and need some donut enlightenment…

[color=darkblue]Krispy Kreme Crap:[/color]

[color=darkblue]
Mister Donut Crap [shouldnt be called a donut at all]:
[/color]

[color=darkblue]
What a REAL donut looks like:
[/color]

You can call me old fashioned because next to apple fritters for me are the “old fashioned” style. Also great with coffee. I agree about Krispy Kreme. Better get them hot or not bother. They turn into hockey pucks pretty quickly.

One year during our annual employee appreciation breakfast, I won a $30 gift certificate to Krispy Kreme, donated by one of the department heads. I gave it back to him, told him to treat his underlings, because even for free I didn’t want 'em.

Looks as if a trip to Zhonghe for Baskin-Robbins is on the horizon. Wonder if they have the same February flavors that the US has?

I’ll probably get my Boston residency revoked for this, but I never the big deal about Dunkin’ Donuts. The extremely occassional Boston creme donut or chocolate glazed is really nice but I’m sure they won’t be able to get the creme part right and in general I think eating donuts on any sort of regular basis is disgusting. I only ever went to DD for the no-nonsense black coffee and perhaps a blueberry bagel with plain cream cheese. I can get good black coffee at 85 degrees and I have a feeling that if DD were to have bagels, they’d be California-style bagels i.e. mushy dinner rolls.

On the other hand, I’m sure their English will be on par with the English you’d get from the average Cambodian/Puerto Rican you’d find behind the counter in my hometown.

Oh man, you really really don’t want to know how much fat is in the old-fashioned donuts.

Oh man, you really really don’t want to know how much fat is in the old-fashioned donuts.[/quote]

“If only they would stop saturating the fat.” - David Letterman

Why are bagels weird here? They are just bread rolls with holes in them. What’s the point? Why are they so popular? I discover bagels late in life, during a three month jaunt to London where they were all chewy and nice.

No, you are not the only one that love Tim Hortons and Denny’s :smiley:

They are open! I drove past the store tonight and they were open and had a good line out the door. Didn’t have a chance to stop in though. The shop is located on the south side of Nanjing East road just west of Jianguo Road. It’s just a couple of doors down from the small Subway restaurant there (that’s not my restaurant so this is not a shameless plug).

Oh crap, not another instance of Taiwan’s national pastime - paidui!

I’ll queue for days for a Wu Bai concert, but I can’t bring myself to queue for hours for donuts. Just can’t.