Dunkin' Donuts

[quote=“Yellow Cartman”]I believe they were granulated sugar coated jlick. I ate them too fast to really notice :smiley:. Plenty of strawberry and blueberry filling donuts. Bostom creme was good, the cinnamon apple filled ones were very good, the Eclair’s chocolate covering was too thick, glazed donut was IMO authentic, their crueller’s were all weird, cinnamon rolls were just ok, coconut covered cake donut was excellent - the donut consistency comparable to what I’d expect from a cake style. Disappointed they didn’t have the old-fashioned, butternut or blueberry :frowning:.

Authenticity overall, I would say is close enough. But damnit, they need the coffee!!! :fume: Luckily the better-half will be returning soon from the States and will bring a year’s supply :laughing:[/quote]

After just returning from the states, I realize that the only thing that the Taiwan Dunkin donuts has in common with the real thing is that they have the same shape. Gross.

It must take real genius to fuck up a donut recipe!

New dunking donuts just opened up at the Shilin Night Market its 3 floors were the old KFC was

so I went to the new dunkin donuts at the shilin night market tonight with a few friends and I got to admit…I was very very very dissapointed. Now I was hearing ppl l talking trash about it so I thought I ought to check out what all the commotion was about. So seeing the dunkin’ donuts store logo right away took me bag to when I was a little kid playing football and basketball and always having a stop at the dunkin donuts after a hard played game. So I walk in and automatically see the boston creme, I think that was the happiest I’ve been all day so I grabbed one of those and my friends grabbed the strawberry one and the eclaire, at first I ripped it in half just like I used to do awaiting the creme to ooze out. But to my dissapointment it was this little blop of chunky pudding like custard…WTF! (Ok maybe it taste better than it looks) first bite…it was like biting into a piece of semi sweet plain bun with some sort or toothpaste like semi sweet wannabe creme…and to make matters worst the wax like topping was flaking off. All the other doughnuts were the same we even tried to give the chocolate apple cake donut a try…it didn’t taste like anything one friend even thought it taste spicy! I’m gunna stick to the Mister Donuts Coffee roll while im here in Taiwan. Don’t think I will eat DD’s again while im here…tear

Last time I had a doughnut was in Sopot, near Gdansk, in 1985. It was crap.

BroonAmbivalent

I’m arainging a “strange sex show” at Dunkin’s because of the lack of obvious stimuli. Bubba’s sex show’s are random and sexual, we use age acceptable players, and condoms. Everyone is older than fifteen and has been FINGER BANGED at least once.

Necessarily in their donut?

HG

Dunkin seems to be expanding quickly. They just opened up near Minquan West Road MRT and they have a shop under construction in back of the Danshui MRT station right next to a Mister Donut. I hope they figure out how to make a decent product before they run out of money.

I live close to Danshui, maybe I’ll go give 'em some lessons. In a way it’s a good thing, because if their donuts were as good as the ones in the US, I’d be eating way too many of them. And I’m already fat enough.

Me toooooo!!! I would sell my soul for one bite of a glazed donut that would crumble on my tongue. I should have someone bring me back some powdered donuts from the grocer…

There’s a Dunkin Donuts close to my place of work. There only about four kinds of donuts I can stand now - glazed, or one of three cinnamon donuts. The chocolate donuts are dry, and perhaps a third of the donuts available are those gawdawful “mochi rings”, which I don’t recall ever seeing in a Dunkin Donuts back home. And the variety of donuts is poor.

Plus the staff at the local DD seems to have the highest turnover rate I’ve ever seen. Seems like they rarely last more than two weeks.

The mochi rings are to compete with Mister Donut’s offering, though even these I think Mister Donut does better than Dunkin.

Any Dunkin Dounuts in Taichung? If so, where?

The website only lists 10 stores, in Taipei, Tamshui, and Yonghe.

dk-donuts.com.tw/shop.html

I was in Hsimen today and noticed the DD that was there before is gone now.
I hope they aren’t pulling out of Taiwan!
I like their coffee and donuts much more than Mr Donuts.

The one near the Shilin night market closed down some time ago as well…
I thought their plan was to have loads of places on this little island within a year…
Maybe the locals just aren’t into it enough, this isn’t the Philippines after all…

I don’t buy coffee at Dunkin’. It’s terrible. I don’t know how they manage to screw it up so bad. They have a machine.

What are you talking about? You have had that broken transporter for years.

:moon:

So is Dunkin’ pulling out? The branch at Danshui MRT station closed down a couple of weeks ago (the facing Mr. Donut is still there), and today I noticed the one in Tianmu has also closed up shop.

Then again, it seemed like almost everything in Tianmu is closing. The building that contains eslite has become downright depressing.

I did try to like the Danshui Dunkin’ - that shaded patio had a lot of potential in a country that sorely lacks places to sit outside with a drink. If only they’d cleaned it once in a while, and if only I hadn’t had to listen to the friggin’ same street “musicians” (Death to musical saws!) every time I went.

But I don’t seem to like donuts in Taiwan anyway. I’ll have to try them in Canada this summer to see if they’re actually different here, or if donuts were simply a childhood taste for me.

Walked past the “first” branch that they opened here, it’s closed too…
Not really going to miss them if they’re packing up and leaving, but they’re at least slightly better than Mr Donut.