Earthquakes 2007

Felt that.

Are we in for a bigger one tonight?

I felt it too. Not earthquake report on the CWB site.

I did feel the 2/28 one (at 3.40a.m.) in Taipei… which supposedly, I shouldn’t have felt.

earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/rec … /100_0.php

Big one on Sumatra reported this hour. BBC says that many buildings are down.

[quote=“Salvatore Armani”]http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Maps/10/100_0.php

Big one on Sumatra reported this hour. BBC says that many buildings are down.[/quote]

sumatra??? related to the dec 26 , 2006 quake then?

EDIT i mean the dec 26, 2005

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“Salvatore Armani”]http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Maps/10/100_0.php

Big one on Sumatra reported this hour. BBC says that many buildings are down.[/quote]

sumatra??? related to the dec 26 , 2006 quake then?

EDIT i mean the dec 26, 2005[/quote]

Well… yes. That was also an Indonesian quake. Same thing but different :slight_smile:

Wibble wobble. :unamused:

Though it was my elevator making noise again till I stood up and realized it was a quake.

sure felt it on 10th floor - sinjhuang.
But a sort one, eh?

Thought it was just the caffeine…

I thought I heard the neighbors bangin’ on the wall, and then I realized it was my toaster wobblin’.

It was weird one all right (I’m referring to the quake last night). Just a sudden sideways jolt, then it was over.

I was outside walking at that time. Didn’t feel it.

I imagine your wife slept through it; she must be really used to jolts by now. How long have you two been together?

I had just turned off the computer and was on my bed as it started shaking … felt like I was playing in the exorcist movie … :slight_smile:

Was that a quake? Very, very subtle, but I think I felt one.

Dragonbones wrote [quote]Was that a quake? Very, very subtle, but I think I felt one.[/quote]

No, that was just your body detoxing and begging for booze. :laughing:

I thought I felt one too but USGS says no - must have been too small to record if it was one. Either that or it was me quivering with joy from eating curry earlier.

I thought I felt one too but USGS says no - must have been too small to record if it was one. Either that or it was me quivering with joy from eating curry earlier.[/quote]

im sure it was. u guys have something like 3 or 4 miniquakes a day that instruments can pick up and sometimes humans can.

Nice jolt today here in Chiayi.

2007-03-27 13:16:00 4.3 022 23.35N 120.63E, i.e. 26.8 km SE of Chiayi City

Was standing outside my Year 3 High School classroom during nap time. It really sucks teaching them after naptime cause they are so groggy. Earthquakes do the trick.