Earthquakes -- 2013

Yep, they even had a little fire by the metro station in the middle of the year end celebrations, but no panic. Imagine panicked crowds that size! But people here mostly remain quite calm even under the strongest quakes. Taipei 101 is as safe as humanly possible, the whole city would have to be swallowed for that thing to fall. Our 50 year old building, OTOH…

Just turn on the news now and see the way everyone was racing to get the first MRT train and you’ll have some idea about what it would look like.

Just turn on the news now and see the way everyone was racing to get the first MRT train and you’ll have some idea about what it would look like.[/quote]

Yeah, forgot about the race to see the first sunrise in Danshui! :laughing:

Just turn on the news now and see the way everyone was racing to get the first MRT train and you’ll have some idea about what it would look like.[/quote]

Yeah, forgot about the race to see the first sunrise in Danshui! :laughing:[/quote]

OK. That wasn’t too clear, I meant the first trains after midnight.

yeah nuts better to not have any such disasters in a crowded place

Yep felt our building shake a little for maybe 5 seconds. Got excited thinking something else was gonna happen then realizing it wasn’t…fell back asleep :slight_smile:

The MRT was a bit mad on NYE ehh huge queues outside city hall MRT…i was lucky managed to snag a taxi with about 7 other people (only paid 150NTD)

Was there just a quake, or is my blood sugar too low because I haven’t eaten yet today?

Never mind, Yilan 5.6.

quake, off the coast though

[quote=“500CBFan”]Was there just a quake, or is my blood sugar too low because I haven’t eaten yet today?

Never mind, Yilan 5.6.[/quote]
Yeah, I felt it too, in two waves. But mild here in Danshui: I doubt I’d have noticed it if I hadn’t been sitting down.

It actually rocked me back to sleep.

Dabbadabba … shakyshaky

Big sway out here in Tanshui! Startled the crap outta me. My assistant thinks I was imagining things…again! :laughing:

I still find them terrifying… :astonished:

Yep, you’ll never know what to expect … the ‘big’ one or not?

My cat was sitting comfortably with me on the couch, then reared up and got all freaked out about 30 sec before the quake just hit. Animals are cool.
I felt a quick jolt, but things calmed down quick. It was only a 4.8.

Aaaahh, don’t say that! Every time I feel (or imagine :slight_smile: ) a vibration I’m all prepared to jump up and hide under my desk. :blush:

Missed it, rats! :frowning:

Well that was interesting… I never noticed them on the other side of the Pacific! Guess I didn’t live on the 5th floor of an old apartment though :popcorn:

also Men re: Women :slight_smile:

Also Women Re: Men :slight_smile: