Earthquakes -- 2013

I have to wonder about the wisdom of running outside here. All the signage, overhanging wires, and other crap tacked to the sides of buildings would seem to be more of a hazard than staying inside. Unless you’re near a park or something, and can run out into a big field with nothing overhead.

Exactly. Even in the ol country, they tell people to wait and assess the situation before storming out onto the street. Then evacuate only if a safe passage can be found.

After 921, we spent the night at Daan Park, but we were lucky to be close by. Where I live now, getting to the closest park would be a feat of champions. :frowning:

Yep the wife says 921 was a meanie.

You guys in Nantou, right? That was the epicenter. Have you been to the museum yet? Makes your heart crumble.

I haven’t seen the museum yet, but now I’m more interested.

Did anyone else feel something just now, or was it just the builders doing something terrible to my buildings foundations…?

I’m on 10th Floor. Felt it real good. Nauseous :aiyo:

Dunno. Had my second cup of coffee and I am listening to Def Leppard (doing air drums and all to stay awake).

EDIT:

4.3 Yilan

There was also one at 2pm, 3.9, Taitung

There’s one finishing up right now.

And another one. that went on for a while.

big here in Taichung

Rolling kind, not jerky. Too long for my taste, those are the ones that suddenly roar and make a real mess.

That was indeed a roller, not a rocker.

Classes cancelled!

That was silent, rolling and evil. Made it feel like the house was sitting on top of a large jelly. Eugghh.

6.1 in Nantou. That’s BIG!

Fudge! Yup 6.1 babe!

6.1 Nantou No wonder it was strong in Taichung.

Tex Mex, reportesse cuando pueda si se puede?

Trubadour, any power failures?

Everything seems to be fine.

I’ve not felt a quake of that type for a while. It was quite unpleasant, felt soggy, as if it was liquefying the ground.

That will please my mother. She’s coming out next week.
Or was :smiley:.

That one woke me up, just.