Earthquakes - 2014

[quote=“TheGingerMan”][quote=“Icon”]Since it seems it is starting again.

Mods, could you please bring over some of the posts made in Earthquakes 2013. Much appreciated.[/quote]
Done.[/quote]

Muchas gracias.

Thanks much. :slight_smile:

Did anybody feel that? In Taipei?

I felt a nice little jolt, with a little bit of rocking afterwards.

Edit: I’m in Panchiao.

Edit 2: Not far off.
cwb.gov.tw/V7e/earthquake/Da … 140024.htm

Maybe a 2?

That was a strange one, like a drunk Godzilla kicking our building a couple of times before stumbling away.

Yeah. That one felt weird. Thought something landed with a “thunk” and rocked the island (in Taipei, Daan District)

Shortest intensest earthquake I remember. Weird.

4.0 just north of Taipei, felt a pretty good jolt.

6.3km deep. That’s pretty shallow right?

yep! two short bursts …

Felt like it was right under us here in Shipai.

TAtun Volcano Group quake ? Seems centered around there.

Apparently it was in Yangminshan National Park, or am I mistaken?

CWB says 25.14N 121.58E.

When the volcanoes erupt at least it’ll do something about this damn cold.

Also felt it was quite big in Shihpai!

I live in Tian Mu and it felt like it was directly under our building. It was intense, but short - we all looked at each other like we couldn’t believe it.

Didn’t feel a damn thing last night. I’m usually quite sensitive and live on the top floor of a nine story building. Must have been out like light last night.

It was brief. The strong part lasted, I don’t know, about a second, and then there was this fairly gentle rocking that lasted a few more seconds.

As some of the posters have said, it felt somewhat different from the other ones. My first impulse was that it was something caused by people (although, having heard no explosion, I couldn’t think of what people might be doing to cause such a thing), but the rocking part changed my mind.

As tommy525 said, the epicenter is apparently around those volcanoes to the north. The Central Weather Bureau puts it just inside Yangminshan National Park.

Didn-t notice any flood near my aquariums :smiley: