Earworms (Songs That Get stuck in Your Head)

‘Steady as she goes, ner ner ner ner ner ner.’ repeat x 10000

I got no idea what the hell she’s singing, but this is stuck firmly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQYOGkCk2DA

You really should turn this up loud!

blogfiles.wfmu.org/LG/CambodianR … _Title.mp3

Chnam oun dubram muy - I’m sixteen. By Ros Sereysothea Every sound you hear was wiped out by the Khmer Rouge. The guitarist is freakin’ amazing. And her voice!!??

HG

‘Idiot Joy Showland’

I’ve got that goddamn Vitali TV commercial stuck in my head, the one where those two wankers, the foreigner and the local guy, are singing some KTV song together, and then they talk briefly about it after.
ARGH! Please go away!!!

Queen and David Bowie…“Under Pressure”

Sigh. David Bowie is dreeeaaaamy, but it’s the third day, and enough already!

Third day? Hell, that’s nothing. I take my daughter to piano lessons every Friday (and sit through the class with her), so for weeks I’ve been unable to get rid of

Do mi so, fa mi mi re re do

and

Do mi so, do mi so, la la la so, fa fa fa, mi mi mi, re re re do.

Sometimes as I’m singing aloud going down the stairway my dear wife will tell me to “SHUT UP!”

This morning I had Billy Bragg’s “The World Turned Upside Down” repeating over and over in my head in the shower. I couldn’t manage to shake it off until lunchtime. Luckily, I like that song.

Since returning from work this afternoon I’ve had “The Wheels On The Bus” on a mental tape-loop. And it’s driving me nuts.

I decided to research this phenomenon, and as usual, accessed the world authority on obscure questions, Cecil Adams. This is what The Straight Dope had to say:
straightdope.com/columns/rea … -your-head

Does this happen to you lot? Frequently? I get it every day. My hope is always that it’s a song I like and not “Achy Breaky Heart”.

yeah happens a fair bit. some days i start singing jingle bells in the middle of march!!! Think i’m going :loco:

“The final countdown” by Europe via the Taiwanese commercials that have been playing it non-stop since my arrival a couple of weeks ago. The song sucked when it came out and I find it even less tolerable now, but there’s been a whistle of the tune coming out every few minutes since my landing on the “rock”.

barbie girl, by Aqua.

My heart goes out to you, man. :astonished:

I believe this has been discussed before and I think I said this last time too.I frequently get Moonlight Shadow in my head

I’m blue duh de duh de…I’m blue duh de duh de de…

Yeah, there’s a thread.

‘Baba ooh lala, gaga ooh lala’ - that Lady Gaga song. No, I’m not a fan, as such.

Fish Heads. Definitely.

And there’s this stupid ad everywhere right now for chavvers to offload their getaway cars and it just chants 'webuyanycarDOTCOM’x68. I have that in my brain.

Whenever I play golf, I hear a song in my head that goes, “too much too little too late to ever start again”. I don’t even know who does that one.

‘Too much too soon, to far to go, to late to play - the game is ooooooover’

Nobody nobody butt chew. . . . . :doh:

Ever since about 1961, when I was five and then six, and the theme from Mr. Ed the Talking Horse was unleashed on God’s own humanity, I’ve gone to lengths that might seem unreal to most of us in order to escape this very reality.

A, we never mention ABBA. Ever. Dos, we never ever watch commercial television, and we never listen to commercial radio. In fact, we never watch commercials at all. C, we never mention “Billy,” “Ray,” “Cyrus,” “Nashville,” “crap,” “etc.,” or the wormiest song title of all.

Which you went and just like spilled right here, as if you have as much shame in this life as a toddler who’s just escaped the bath towel.

Sumbitch! :fume: